Are you a highly motivated professional with experience in the finance field? Do you want to play an active role within a dynamic team in a multicultural organization?
EFSA is looking for a Finance Specialist with a results driven mind and an ability to work proactively, both individually and in a team.
The successful candidate shall have a passion for procurement, grants, contract management and financial services areas and will play a key role in supporting EFSA’s strategic ambitions.
If you are looking for an interesting and challenging opportunity to apply your skills in an international, scientifically-driven organisation, then do not hesitate and send us your application still today!
The successful candidate will work under the responsibility of the Team Leader and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Follow up on financial transactions, such as commitments, payments, recovery orders.
- Provide specialised information and guidance on procurement, grants, contract management and financial services and act as a focal point for matters in the relevant field.
- Assist with the improvement & related revision of existing policies, processes and procedures.
- Implement EU Financial Regulation in all aspects of outsourcing (procurement, grants, external experts and contract management).
- Liaise and consult with counterparts in and outside EFSA to ensure that processes are implemented according to EU Financial Regulation.
- Implement EFSA internal rules on missions, experts & meeting reimbursements.
- Provide end to end assistance and support for all procurement, grant and / or external expert outsourcing including performance of market analysis.
- Provide financial advice for contract management issues (i.e. commitments, payments, delayed deliverables, application of liquidated damages, payment reduction).
- Assist in disseminating procurement, grants, external experts, contract management and financial services knowledge in the organisation.
- Verify and encode data in the administrative and budgetary systems.
- Develop accurate forecasting for efficient utilization and control of the budget allocated to FIN or other units by monitoring the use of resources per budget line and proposing budget transfers.
- Management and monitoring of payment forecast of differentiated appropriations.
- Specifically related to IT purchases, manage complex inter-institutional FWCs for IT related services and / or acquisitions; contribute to negotiation of Master Subscription of Agreements, manage license, hardware and software renewals.
- Performance of financial verification of commitments, de-commitments, invoices, payments, carry forwards, if working in the role of Financial Verifying Agent.
You must satisfy the following requirements on the closing date for submission of your application:
I. Eligibility criteria
1. General requirements
• Be national of a Member State of the European Union, Iceland or Norway;
• Enjoy full rights as a citizen;
• Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by laws concerning military service;
• Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post;
• Have a thorough knowledge of one of the EU official languages and a satisfactory knowledge of another EU language;
• Meet the character requirements for the duties involved.
A level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma;
A level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education, and appropriate professional experience of at least three (3) years.
In case you do not fulfil all the eligibility criteria, your application will not be taken into consideration.
We are looking forward to receive your application!