Working closely with the Finance Co-Ordinator, the Finance Officer will assist in the day-to-day accounting operations in accordance with IRC’s policies and procedures, and in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), procedures and donor compliance.
- Proceed with cash and bank journals bookkeeping.
- Review multi-currency cashbooks as well as cash and bank reconciliation monthly.
- Perform timely preparation of all monthly bank accounts and cash reconciliations.
- Reviewing and ensuring all Petty cash payments are properly supported and duly authorized per IRC delineation schedule before disbursement.
- Ensuring that authorizations on the payment requests are in line with the approved limits per the delineation chart.
- Ensure that a supervised petty cash counts are performed every Friday.
- Ensure that the statutory deductions are reviewed and processed before the 15th of the following month.
- Compile and forward Expat monthly salary deductions to HQ.
- Compile and forward National staff monthly salary deductions to Human Resources.
- Maintain and complete the bank statement daily to avoid bank overdrafts.
- Prepare all cash and bank payments after ensuring completeness and accuracy of supporting documents attachment on payment requests
- Ensure adherence to the delineation chart for all authorizations on payment and purchase requests
- Oversee the payment turn-over period to avoid delays in handling requests submitted to finance
- Review national payroll to ensure accuracy of the data and tax compliance.
- Check that all documentation complies with IRC procedures and policies before any disbursement
Treasury and Cashflow Management:
- Oversee the maintenance of an accurate and updated cash flow report.
- Provide weekly updates on this to the Finance Coordinator.
- Work closely with the Finance Coordinator to ensure that there is sufficient bank reserves at all times for all bank accounts.
- Ensuring that all banks are immediately updated on changes to bank signatories.
- Oversee bank correspondences.
- Act as a bank agent for the IRC Dakar Office.
- Maintain an organized and well-documented bank correspondences file ensuring it’s continuously updated.
- Oversees the timely preparation, review and approval of all monthly bank account and cash reconciliations.
- Review internal system of record retention to ensure compliance with IRC policy and the local laws.
- Ensure maintenance of uniform standards for documentation, including forms, support documents etc.
- Maintain an organized, well-documented and sequential filing system for payments on the Box Folders.
- Counter check to confirm that all payments requests have been signed by the requestor, reviewer, and approver.
- Control access to financial records to authorized staff only.
- Represent Finance during tender committees.
- Closely monitors all financial activities and keeps the Finance Coordinator advised on all situations which have the potential for a negative impact on internal controls or financial performance.
- Maintains current knowledge of local government requirements related to financial matters and ensures compliance with tax regulations and other legal requirements.
- Conduct Finance Orientation for the new hires at the IRC Dakar Office.