Digital Community Liaison
New York City
***Location: Remote from anywhere in the U.S.***
Program & Job Overview: The Digital Community Liaison will support Settle In with a specific focus on Ukrainians arriving through Uniting for Ukraine. Settle In, implemented by the IRC and available in multiple languages, is a digital information service that directly engages newcomers through its website (https://settleinus.org/), mobile app, and social media platforms. Settle In serves as another touchpoint to disseminate vital, accurate information tied to resettlement services.
The Digital Community Liaison will support Settle In’s expansion to support Ukrainians. Digital Community Liaisons interact with Ukrainians in the United States on social media primarily through private messaging and social media post comments. They also help users navigate information on Settle In platforms, clarify and share information, support live stream events, and lend a friendly, empathetic ear. This position reports to CORE’s Senior Digital Community Liaison.
- Support Settle In Facebook page (or other social media platform as identified) in collaboration with Settle In team.
- Reply to messages and comments received on Settle In with the help of trusted resources and by following moderation guidelines and escalation protocols.
- Contribute to a Frequently Asked Questions document in English, Ukrainian, and Russian that can be used to answer user questions on the platform.
- Based on user messages, comments, and questions or misunderstandings, propose new content topics to feed into content creation.
- Share opinions, feedback, cultural awareness, contextual knowledge, and learning with the wider team on an ongoing basis. Present findings to relevant external partners, as needed.
- Collaborate with other staff to ensure maximum visibility and integration of all new resources.
- Support collection of monitoring and evaluation data for Settle In initiatives specific to supporting Ukrainians
- As needed backstop and support other Settle In team members.
- 4-year college degree in relevant field required.
- Minimum one year of relevant professional experience.
- Fluent in English, Ukrainian, and Russian.
- Strong computer proficiency and well-acquainted with basic software tools. Can navigate autonomously in Windows and Microsoft Suite.
- Knowledge of social media platforms, especially Facebook, and cultural use of these platforms or ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Previous experience working with refugee resettlement or other immigration pathways preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: the ability to communicate effectively in English, Ukrainian, and Russian.
- High emotional intelligence (our users are in difficult periods of their lives and moderators need to empathize with them).
- An understanding of the power and importance of accurate information. Fantastic attention to detail.
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time, and meet deadlines.
Working Environment: Remote position.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.