Support Services Officer
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a qualified and motivated qualified and motivated Support Services Officer.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading protection agency with a mandate to promote and protect durable solutions to conflict and displacement affected populations based on humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC is implementing a multi-sector response to support Ukraine refugees, IDPs, and host populations both within Ukraine and the neighboring countries of Poland, Romania and Moldova, and wider Europe.
Due to the ongoing conflict that began in February 2022, DRC opened offices in Poland, Moldova, and Romania to provide support to the displaced population in partnership with civil society organizations and national NGOs, duty bearers, and other actors. DRC continues to implement in these three countries through partnerships, technical assistance and capacity exchange, and direct implementation in some cases.
About the Job
As Support Services Officer, you will form part of the Support Service team of the DRC Moldova office. You will support project compliance and implementing partners in field locations in admin, finance, logistics, procurement, fleet management, and safety as well as provide supervision, ensure Implementing Partners' compliance, and serve as a key liaison for support services between field locations and DRC Moldova in Chisinau.
- In coordination with the Area manager, responsible for the overall day-to-day supervision of procurement, assets, equipment, and receiving of goods and issuing services/job completion certificates in the field location(s), including ensuring the functionality of the community centers.
- In close coordination with the Protection Manager, Risk Education Programme Manager, and other support service colleagues ensure that support systems (petty cash, logistics/procurement, fleet management, and Admin) are set up and functional in accordance with all DRC SOPs including the Operations Handbook and DRC ERP systems (Dynamics).
- Responsible for monthly reporting and consolidation of goods delivery, assets management, and project locations supply flow. Continually identifying ways to improve systems for increased efficiency in support functions and proactively recommending such improvements to Area and programs Managers.
- Contributes to the overall teamwork, communication, and coordination among the support departments.
- Work closely with the Programme Managers, Implementing Partners, and Team Leaders to understand their needs and how the support teams can best support achieving quality programming.
- In coordination with the Supply Chain, and Support Service staff, ensure that new Implementing Partners are fully aware and compliant with the support procedures.
- Assist in the recruitment, training, and capacity building of the supply chain team.
- Ensure that documents & files are organized and stored securely in both hard copy and SharePoint.
- In coordination with the Area Manager, support with inputs for support forecasts/budgeting.
- Ensure the management of DRC facilities, assets, and services are appropriately maintained, including office, guesthouse, rental contracts, utilities, IT, and internet.
- Support Implementing Partners, with consolidation and preparation of Purchase Requisitions and accessing DRC Purchase Agreements.
- Support the area and programs managers on field-level donor/internal/external audits & reports related to support functions as needed.
- Work independently and be able to ensure that the support procedures are followed by Implementing Partners.
- Be the key focal point for DRC engagement and support to local partners.
- Support in liaising with relevant stakeholders, implementing partners, and when requested by Area Manager.
Procurement & Logistics
- Ensure that inventory and asset lists are maintained and regularly updated, and administration stores are managed and maintained in line with DRC guidelines.
- Ensure the efficient management of vehicles and manage locally available DRC fleet.
- Ensure that DRC procurement framework-specific donor rules and policies are understood and respected.
Finance & Administration
- Provide support to ensure that staff is issued with phones, and laptops and track the usage and return of these items.
- Support DRC Finance team to ensure that all cash advances are handled, and payments are processed in a timely manner and in accordance with DRC procedures.
- Facilitate purchasing of supplies and equipment using Low-Value Procurement methodology and ensure that Implementing Partners use Low-Value Procurement methodology in accordance with DRC procedures.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a minimum of 2 years of relevant, proven work experience ideally within an international humanitarian or development organization and a demonstrable understanding of humanitarian principles. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- University degree in business administration, finance, supply chain, logistics, procurement, or another relevant field.
- Experience in logistics, procurement, finance, fleet management, admin, and/or HR is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to show initiative and work independently.
- A positive attitude and teamwork are required.
- Ability to multi-task and excellent organizational skills.
- Fluent in spoken and written Romanian and English.
- Knowledge of Russian and/or Ukrainian will be a distinct advantage.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: September 2022 - May 2023, with the possibility of extension depending on funding.
Band: Non-Management, H
Duty base: Chisinau (within travel across the country)
Start date: ASAP
We offer a competitive salary and benefits in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: August 29th, 2022.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we, therefore, encourage you to apply as soon as possible.