Analysts/ Consultants/ Managers, Strategic Projects – Rolling Application
Title: Analysts/ Consultants/ Managers, Strategic Projects
Essential Requirement: Proficiency in English, knowledge of French is a distinct advantage
Location: Dakar, Senegal with travel to the field (Mali and Senegal)
Deadline: Accept applications on a rolling basis
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers lift themselves out of poverty. We recently received the prestigious Audacious Prize to accelerate myAgro’s reach in the next 5 years.
About the Strategic Projects Team
The Strategic Projects Team is an internal powerhouse that helps myAgro build the capabilities and solutions for scale. The team reports into the Head of Strategy and is engaged in analyzing patterns, fixing the bottlenecks for scale, trialing new ways to increase reach and impact. The Strategic Projects team works across all of myAgro, from tech to field to finance and from analysis and design, all the way to supporting implementation.
As an Associate or Manager in this team you will:
- Work on important projects that affects a country, team or myAgro as a whole (e.g. supply chain target operating model)
- Investigate new service ideas: create business cases, recommend go / no go, recommend implementation strategy (e.g. targeting and solving for what women farmers want)
- Manage more complex/ multiple projects depending on your experience (e.g. new country expansion)
- Interpret data to identify patterns, opportunities and emerging risks (e.g. redefining our marketing approach to increase sales)
- Build the playbook for scale (e.g. how to increase customer density)
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Associates - min 2 years project management experience; Managers and above min 5 years + ability to manage multiple, complex projects
- Strong consultant toolkit from analysis to implementation
- Data fluent
- Experience in co-creating across multiple teams within an organization
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. performing complex functions)
- Previous field experience (developing countries) is an advantage
- Passionate about myAgro's mission
- Knowledge of French is a distinct advantage
Our Benefits (will vary for 6 month contracts)
- Health insurance
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Retirement plan contributions
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter and a resume (CV). You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.