Financial Data Specialist
Job Overview: The Financial Data Specialist is a member of the finance team and is responsible for maintaining the financial data integrity in close collaboration with the Finance Director. This is a challenging position that requires meticulous record keeping, strong organizational and problem-solving skills and the ability to work well in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting in managing all aspects of day-to-day operations of accounting department in field office.
- Ensure office and donor compliance with IRC’s accounting policies vis-à-vis fund accounting as noted in IRC’s finance manual and generally accepted accounting principles and donor requirements.
- Work closely with management, programs, and finance team.
- Maintain a broad and deep understanding of donor policies, regulations and procedures and build this knowledge among programs team members.
- Support the day-to-day financial activities including daily tasks such as payment review, AP activities, AR reporting/invoicing, etc.
- Review all accounting transactions to ensure proper coding, complete month-end/year-end closing tasks and variance analysis as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports to be submitted to IRC NY/donors per scheduled due dates and/or contractual obligations.
- Assist Finance Director with balance sheet reconciliations.
- Coordinate the protection of the organization’s assets by implementing IRC’s Internal Control procedures.
- Instill a strong culture of ethics and compliance by providing on-going training, capacity building and advice to staff and partners as needed
- Upload budget templates and prepare monthly budget vs actual for Finance Director’s review.
- Attend BvA meetings with FD and PM to ensure understanding of current program financial status.
- Analyze client R&P and MG spending trend for PMs and DDs and complete any necessary reclasses.
- Work closely with Development team to post CIK and match records
- Prepare all weekly and monthly reclasses for FD review
- Complete monthly reconciliation reports and fix the differences.
- Review transaction daily/weekly to ensure proper coding.
- Other related duties as assigned
Education: BS or BA in business, accounting or data preferred or 1 to 2 years of experience.
Work Experience: 1 to 2 years of experience
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Solid organizational skills: detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent communication & good interpersonal skills: ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Solid Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, other financial related software strongly preferred
- Previous non-profit agency / grant-funded environment experience strongly preferred
- High degree of professional integrity; ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
- Standard office environment
- May require occasional travel.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.