Caseworker (Ukrainian Response)
IRC Background: The mission of the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933, the IRC has a presence in over 40 countries and 27 offices in the United States; the IRC leads the way from harm to home. IRC opened an office in Seattle in 1976 and provides a continuum of services including intensive case management, employment and economic empowerment services, immigration assistance, health and wellness programming, and education support to refugee and immigrant families in Washington State. IRC Seattle is committed to providing trauma-informed, equitable, and accessible services and maintaining and evolving a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace.
Job Overview: The Caseworker provides trauma-informed services to Ukrainian Humanitarian Parolees to support a positive resettlement experience and the achievement of client self-sufficiency. The Caseworker works closely with sponsor families, clients, colleagues, and external parties to develop service and/or self-sufficiency plans to meet individual client needs and preferences utilizing a broad range of financial, medical, social, vocational, and other services and resources in accordance with client eligibility and program requirements.
- Works in close collaborations with sponsor families to assess the needs of clients.
- Conduct intake services and works in partnership with the sponsor families to develop self-sufficiency plans and timelines. Provide individualized support through direct services, referrals, and advocacy.
- Support/Train sponsor families with application for public assistance programs including Health Insurance, Food Assistance (SNAP), Cash Assistance (TANF/RCA), WIC, SSI as appropriate
- Provide resources and information on English Language Training/Enrollment Opportunities to sponsor families
- Conduct outreach to older refugees and support sponsor families with enrollment into the Services.
- Provide case management for clients enrolled into the Refugee Social Services Program
- Assess and monitor clients progress to support their attainment of established goals, works with the sponsor families to address challenges, and to ensure that available resources are utilized.
- Input client information in database(s) and assist with tracking and reporting as needed in partnership with the sponsor families.
- Collaborate effectively with coworkers and partner organizations. Build and maintain relationships with area service providers for the benefit of clients.
- May train and lead the activities of volunteers and interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Ukrainian Casework Coordinator
Indirect Reporting: Resettlement Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Resettlement Housing, Casework, and Quality Assurance teams; Employment Team; Operations Team; Finance Team; other IRC Washington Program Teams
External: Housing Providers, Property Management Companies, Apartment Managers, other community partners and housing providers