Research Associate-Aquaculture/Fish Rice
Odisha | Andhra Pradesh | Asia and the Pacific: India
The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to this website for more information: http://bisa.org/
BISA is implementing a collaborative fisheries project in Odisha with WorldFish, Malaysia and funded by One CGIAR Agroecology Initiative. WorldFish is an international, nonprofit research organization with headquarters in Penang, Malaysia, and offices in Asia, Africa, and the Pacific. WorldFish’s mission is to harness the potential of fisheries and aquaculture to reduce poverty and hunger in developing countries. Please refer to this website for more information: www.worldfishcenter.org
The position will be based at Odisha/ Andhra Pradesh location.
- Lead qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis in target regions of India and Laos, likely to include interviews, focus group discussions, and/or surveys with producers and value chain actors.
- Lead monitoring and evaluation of activities.
- Lead in organizing stakeholder meetings, workshops, trainings, and associated reporting.
- Conduct manuscript and internal report writing and other reporting as required.
- Prepare / contribute for research design, co-design innovation process, and development of data collection tools.
- Contribute primary and secondary data for relevant research outputs.
- Provide technical input to metrics, business, policy, and behavior change work packages and activities.
- Establish and maintain contacts with external collaborating organizations and partners.
- Organize logistics and financial arrangements related to data collection, team travel, etc.
- Other duties and miscellaneous tasks as required and as assigned.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Master of Fisheries Science or Master of Science or PhD in Fisheries, Zoology, Life Sciences, Agriculture, Rural Development, or a closely related field.
- At least 7 years of experience managing fisheries, aquaculture, and/or rural development projects in rural India.
- Willingness to travel for project coordination.
- Strong organizational skills and proven record of effective coordination between multiple partners.
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data, demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors of his/her own initiative.
- Ability to write well in English with experience of preparing donor reports in English, academic publication experience advantageous.
- Essential computer skills, competency in MS Office programs, data collection and analysis software, and use of smart phone and Mobile App.
- Excellent communication skills, strong initiative, and informed, sound, and transparent decision-making skills.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and according to deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Teamwork, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision Making, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Interested candidates must apply online here for IN22159_Research Associate-Aquaculture/Fish Rice, no later than Wednesday, September 7, 2022. For more information on the process please e-mail Human Resources, CIMMYT
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply.
BISA is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: