Post Number : 1ITSCPA037VC
Grade : G-4
Parent Sector : Natural Sciences Sector (SC)
Duty Station: Trieste
Job Family: Computer Sciences / Information Technologies
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 21-SEP-2022
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Initial duration of contract is 1 year, with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Only candidates who are entitled to work in the E.U can apply for this position.OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) aims at building scientific capacity in developing countries and also hosts the Secretariats of OWSD (Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World) and IAP (InterAcademy Partnership).
Under the overall supervision of the Associate Finance and Fundraising Officer, the incumbent will provide IT assistance to TWAS-IAP-OWSD to enable the smooth continuation of operations following the expansion of programmes as well as assistance in the organization of virtual events during and after the pandemic.
The incumbent will represent the Administration Unit and will perform the following duties:
IT support to TWAS-IAP-OWSD staff:
- Computer software assistance: installing software on new PCs, reset computers and install software again and ensure that data is properly backed up, assist staff in changing computers, to solve users’ software technical issues, and to fully utilize other software and communication tools available.
- Setting up and providing support to virtual events, such as selecting the best platform for each event.
- Assisting staff and panelists prior to and during in-person/hybrid and virtual meetings: IT testing, allowing participants to join, troubleshooting of technical difficulties (video, audio settings, responding to specific IT queries), assistance with displaying PPTs presentations and documents, as required.
- Manage the recordings and the pre- and post-production processing of presentations.
- Upload presentations and videos on the TWAS-IAP-OWSD websites.
- Provide support to the speakers during events and manage the facilities in the meeting rooms.
Assist the TWAS Editorial/Publications Assistant as follows:
- Managing technical operation of the TWAS website and the TWAS Online Forms; and providing a first line of response in the event of website malfunctions.
- Supporting TWAS & OWSD staff needs related to the websites and the TWAS Online Forms.
- Providing support to TWAS-IAP-OWSD staff on requests for assistance with databases.
- Helping with other tasks related to the Public Information Office, like work on local and cloud archives and platforms (e.g. YouTube, Flikr) for digital audio-visual materials.
- Completed secondary, technical and/or vocational education.
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience in administrative/technical/IT support services.
- Experience in providing software assistance, supporting databases and website basic troubleshooting / maintenance activities.
- Experience in setting up and providing support to virtual events.
- IT experience with PC and video conference tools.
- Good knowledge of standard computer hardware and software applications.
- Good knowledge of standard virtual platform operations.
- Good knowledge of database applications with graphical user interface, preferably FileMaker, and some experience in relational database design.
- Knowledge of html and Content Management Systems.
- Good knowledge of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office and Document collaboration systems, preferably Drupal.
- Good working knowledge of English.
- Work experience within an international environment.
- IT experience with Mac will be a clear advantage.
- Knowledge of Italian.
- Knowledge of another official UNESCO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish).
Only candidates who are entitled to work in the E.U. may apply to this position.
Please note that for this position UNESCO will not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests and relocation.
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.MORE INFORMATION
Candidates must use the UNESCO's online application system which is accessible through the following links:
For current UNESCO fixed-term staff members: UNESCO Intranet > Tools > HR Apps > Careers. If you are working remotely, you should connect to Careers portal through connect.unesco.org
For all other candidates: https://careers.unesco.org
For information: Personnel Office, Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Strada Costiera, 11, 34151 Trieste, Italy. E-mail: [email protected], phone: +39-040-2240-595/596/695
AN ASSESSMENT EXERCISE MAY BE USED IN THE EVALUATION OF CANDIDATES.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.