ICT Help Desk Technician (G4)
Sarajevo | Mission
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
Under the direct supervision of the National ICT Officer, should you be selected for the position, you will provide efficient ICT support with a high level of user satisfaction, technical expertise, and timeliness.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
- Registering incidents in the system;
- Resolving and recovering assigned incidents;
- Investigating and diagnosing incidents (including resolution where possible);
- Querying and expanding existing knowledge base;
- Confirming and closing resolution of incidents;
- Handling service requests;
- Tracking assigned issues until they are resolved;
- Escalating the process if necessary;
- Keeping affected users informed about progress;
- Preparing video conferencing system and equipment when requested;
2.Hardware and Software Installation, Configuration and Upgrades
- Installing, configuring and testing hardware and peripherals;
- Installing, configuring, and testing non-standard application software and software upgrades and updates;
- Performing quality checks on outcomes of work performed;
- Documenting system installation, configuration procedures, and current configuration;
- Contributing to the new system implementation in the production environment;
- Providing application support to facilitate effective utilization of the system;
- Contributing to the acceptance process for new releases into production;
- Supporting processes facilitating the readiness of the production environment;
3. Performing other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-herzegovina
- Completed secondary education, supplemented by formal studies in computer science;
- A minimum of 3 years of prior related work experience in the same or similar job, preferably in large institutions or companies;
- Excellent knowledge of PC hardware and peripherals;
- Knowledge of systematic methods of solving technical problems;
- Excellent knowledge in: Microsoft network client operating systems and Microsoft Active Directory clients; Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft Lync application; Corel Draw packages, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat packages;
- Network cabling skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 2,052.42 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.