Grants Officer - Guatemala
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of work:
The Grants Officer (GO), will effectively manage and provide support to grant holders in order to facilitate the delivery of quality projects on time and on budget. Reporting to the Grants Manager, the GO will work closely with programs to coordinate IRC´s ongoing grants.
- Assist the Grants Manager in compiling grants information for IRC’s regional and HQ offices
- Maintain up-to-date grants trackers and calendars, including internal and donor reporting deadlines, budget vs. actual meetings, grant opening and review meetings.
- Support the grants team with scheduling at grants-related meetings and by taking and distributing detailed notes as required
- Support audits as needed by ensuring that auditors have access to complete files
- Support document signing by SMT, troubleshooting department queries, and supporting other tasks as required
- Support with planning and organizing donor and IRC delegation field visits as required.
- Contribute to high quality donor reports on a timely basis according to IRC and donor regulations. Ensure all required documents are included, complete, correct and approved by the respective Program Coordinators and country management.
- Raise compliance issues proactively with the Grants Coordinator and Grants Manager.
- Keep the Grants Manager informed of any projected inabilities to meet contractual obligations, report submission and spend rates/significant budget variances. Be able to proactively mitigate risks through proposing remedial solutions.
- Compile and respond to information requests from IRC’s regional, Germany and NY offices.
- Work with operations, finance and programs department in ensuring that relevant donor guidelines are followed for all grants.
- Ensure the submission of high-quality, well-written and timely reports meeting donor and IRC requirements; in collaboration with the Grants Manager.
- Work closely with the M&E team to develop and maintain program monitoring and evaluation tracking tools to ensure all sector indicators report monthly progress. Identify and share gaps with Coordinators.
- Track and document lessons learned from finalized projects.
- Collaborate to maintain accurate and up to date records for all sub-awards in line with PEERS and IRC Finance policy requirements.
- Collaborate with Partnerships to support the implementation of the PEERS system across all areas of sub-award management including the pre-award assessment finalization, partner budget review, contracting tool selection, assist in the preparation of all sub-award agreements package and sub-award review through OTIS, subsequence sub-award amendments and help ensure specific donor requirements are captured in sub-award agreements.
- Collaborate with the partnership team coordinating Sub-Grants Opening Meeting for Partners and ensure sub-grants agreement terms and conditions are well understood by the sub-grantees before signing and arrange for the initial financial reporting training to the sub-grantees where necessary.
- Liaise with finance to achieve timely funds transfers and proper financial follow up and support for partners.
- Coordinate efforts with the involvement of the partnerships in grants opening meetings, grant review meetings and grant closing meetings to share sub-award spending and share key monitoring information and learning are documented, and updates on partners/sub-grants are communicated in a timely and professional manner to appropriate stakeholders.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Ensure that comprehensive electronic and physical files for grants are maintained.
- Oversee and work to review monthly internal reports and support the drafting and compilation of partner reports into overall donor reports.
- Provide inputs to donor proposals and reports.
- Draft informational documents about IRC´s programming approach