Program Officer - Panama
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day to day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision. -making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Local Program Officer (LPO) will oversee the development and implementation of IRI programs from the field office she/he will work as part of IRI's programming team to develop program strategy, draft program proposals and reports, organize and implement program activities, assist program monitoring and evaluation, and oversee program budgets from the field. The LPO will report directly to the RPD
- Monitors budgets and expenditures for assigned program areas from the field office,and provide support to RPO and headquarters staff to solicit, negotiate and prepare contracts, sub-grants, and other financial and project implementation documents.
- Supports design, development and management of program areas from field office to ensure that reporting requirements are met, projects remain within budget allocations, and program objectives are completed on schedule.
- Supports RPD to identify and cultivate relationships with relevant political parties, government officials, local partners, and members of the diplomatic and donor community, and represent IRI at various public functions.
- Fulfills reporting requirements of assigned program areas from the field and manages the drafting and editing of team documents and field reports and provide guidance for written work of subordinates.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of IRI and partner organization activities, identifying successes and failures and recommending program adjustments accordingly. Coordinates with RPD and DC-based program and OMEL staff.
- Develops short and long-term plans for specific programmatic objectives, and design, draft and edit project proposals to support RPO and headquarters staff.
- Monitors regional political developments and provides political and programmatic analysis and recommendations as needed.
- Travels from time-to-time, independently and/or as part of a team, to various locations throughout Panama and internationally to support IRI’s programmatic objectives.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Undergrad degree in political science.
- Two to four years of professional experience in democratic governance and politics, preferably working directly with national, regional or international parliaments, political parties, civil society and/or elected officials at the national and subnational levels.
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively direct or participate in different settings with bilateral and/or multilateral government agencies, other donors or relevant audiences.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team in a high-paced environment.
- Effective project management skills.
- Experience identifying and analyzing complex scenarios and developing creative solutions.
- Demonstrated international experience and familiarity with international political systems and legislative bodies preferred.
- Proficiency in English strongly preferred.
Please submit both resume and cover letter to the company website: Program Officer - Panama | Job Opportunities (ultipro.com)