General coordinator (head of mission) (M/F) - Lebanon
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been working in Lebanon for nearly 30 years and specifically on the response to the Syrian crisis since 2012. The goal of MdM in Lebanon is to offer care to Syrian refugees and vulnerable Lebanese affected by this crisis. MdM’s intervention in Lebanon aims to strengthen the national health and mental health system and increase access to quality primary and mental healthcare. MdM primary healthcare services are provided through 3 partners in 3 primary healthcare centers (PHCCs) in the Bekaa Valley. MdM is working in the integration of mental health in the primary healthcare system and contributing to the development of a community-based mental healthcare services, opening and running community mental health centers (CMHC), in coordination with partners for the substance use and gender components.
MdM’s activities are based in Beirut, Bekaa Valley and Tripoli.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the desk manager, you are responsible for the overall management of the MdM Lebanon mission. You ensure a proper implementation of MdM strategy in Lebanon and supervise the overall program implementation. You are responsible for the overall management of MdM teams in Lebanon that currently comprise a total of 60 staff and directly manage a team of 6 coordinators (five expatriates).
Your main responsibilities are the following:
- Contribute to the briefing of new expatriates upon their arrival, oversee the smooth running of missions, ensure application and observance of internal regulations governing missions and of humanitarian code of ethics
- Ensure good information flow and maintain proper written/oral communication between the different departments
- Support the Lebanon coordination team in the management of the programs
- Ensure that the mission organigram and allocation of human resources is matching with the mission needs
- Supervise a proper and fair implementation of the HR policy and make sure that MdM Lebanon guidelines and procedures are in line with MdM France HQ one’s and updated regularly
Administrative, finance and logistics
- Ensure the respect of MdM internal rules and MdM obligations
- Ensure the respect of the Lebanese legal environment
- Ensure that appropriate logistics, administrative and financial procedures are in accordance with MdM rules and donors’ guidelines
- Participate in the design and approval of new budget proposals for donors, preparation of annual budgets and revision, and monthly budget follow up analysis
- Supervise the timely submission reports to donors
- Coordinate the negotiations and supervise the process of the partnership agreements if necessary
Safety and security
- Be responsible for the overall safety and security of MdM teams, sites and assets
- Ensure the implementation and respect of security rules by the expatriate staff and the national team
- Manage and report on any security incident affecting MdM staff and assets
Representation, fundraising and networking
- Represent MdM to local authorities (MoPH, national and local), international donors, international organisations, consulates and other NGOs
- Develop a fundraising strategy and exploring funding opportunities
- Ensure regular interaction, information sharing and collaboration with other humanitarian actors in Lebanon and in particular with the medical organizations with similar programs
- Support the representation by MdM coordinators with the local authorities, including the heads of municipalities, the mukhtars, and other governmental officers
- Ensure that the level of visibility and the public messages on the MdM program are in line with the organization’s positioning in Lebanon and the region
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
- Duration : 12 months
- Starting date: 15/11/2022
- Position based in Beirut with regular visits to the Bekaa valley and North Governorate
- Gross monthly salary: 3 525 euros
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Housing allowance
- Tuition/Schooling allowance (from 3 years old)
- Living allowance (per diem) for the accompanying member if unemployed and half per diem per child
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite)
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
- Family posting possible
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- 3 years of similar experience in humanitarian organizations
- Experience in global overview of a program implementation and long-term strategy and fundraising
- Experience in security management
- Knowledge and experience of work in the Middle East or knowledge of Arabic is an asset
- Languages: English mandatory
- You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications. MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Please apply via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JrnSThRX?idpartenaire=128