IT Solutions Associate G6, Regional Bureau Cairo
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
JOB TITLE: IT Solutions Associate
TYPE & LEVEL OF CONTRACT: Fixed Term, G-6
DURATION & START DATE: 1 year, renewable
DUTY STATION (City, Country): Regional Bureau in Cairo (RBC), Cairo, Egypt
REPORT TO (JOB TITLE): Business Transformation Officer
Note: Egyptian nationals/citizens or candidates with valid Egyptian work permit / residency are eligible to apply. This vacancy will be used to fill in similar positions in WFP Egypt.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP’s Regional Bureau for the Middle East and Northern Africa (RBC), based in Cairo, Egypt, provides strategic guidance, policy/technical support and direction to WFP operations and activities in 16 countries: Algeria, Armenia, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, State of Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine and Yemen. These country offices aim to assist roughly one-third of all of WFP’s beneficiaries (approx. 30 million) in some of the most critical humanitarian emergencies of our time. RBC is also active in the ‘Changing Lives’ side of WFP’s mandate, helping national governments and local communities improve nutrition, livelihoods, school feeding, social protection, climate and disaster risk reduction and other programmes that build resilience and support development.
WHY WORK AT WFP?
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES ❤
Make a difference, the world will notice.
We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
GLOBAL COMMUNITY 🌍
Build bridges that unite people across the world.
Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
How we deliver our mission in a deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES 💡
Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find.
WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE ⭐
Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential.
WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely to find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference
Watch this video to know more about us!!
To support business to improve productivity through business process automation; provide technical support on the development, maintenance, testing and implementation of a portion of IT, and provide end user training.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Assist in the installation, configuration and customization of IT systems ensuring compliance with WFP’s IT standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Assist in the release of IT systems and provide early life support in order to prepare for and enable proper use of the IT solution.
- Keep up-to-date technical systems documentation for developed IT solutions in order to support systems maintenance.
- Research and suggest new business solutions and services, to support office automation.
- Perform unit and integrated testing of new, enhanced, or fixed code in order to ensure completeness and adherence to technical specifications.
- Resolve users queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered and accurate information is provided.
- Assist in the preparation of materials and the delivery of trainings on automated business processes to ensure efficient and effective use of IT systems.
- Collect and collate data, conduct basic analysis to support the development of accurate reports.
- Write program code in order to support the development and implementation of efficient and effective IT solution components.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.|
|Change Implementation, Project Management, Planning and Optimization||Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.|
|Technical Expertise||Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.|
|Requirement Definition & Management||Asks meaningful and appropriate questions to understand and translate business requirements into desired technical functionality.|
|System Design||Able to analyze broad product/service functionality to coordinate design of new technology or assist in technology integration/enhancements.|
|Solution Development||Designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents programs from supplied specifications, using agreed standards and tools.|
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or another relevant field is required.
- Minimum of 6 years working experience with at least 3 years working in comparable and/or relevant position.
Knowledge & Skills
- Has aided IT team members in building technical skills and staying abreast of industry developments.
- Has gained knowledge of technical issues through exposure to IT operations.
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Azure DevOps experience; Microsoft certification is a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft Office 365 tools, Power BI, Power Automate, SharePoint.
- Experience using programming languages such as PHP, .NET Framework, React
- Experience using DB management systems Such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station (English and Arabic).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
WFP offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Attractive salary in accordance with industry standards. Please visit United Nations Salary Scales for more details.
- Attractive pension plan
- Child allowance
- Language allowance (subject to passing language assessment)
- Medical coverage for staff and eligible dependents
- Variety of leave entitlements, including but not limited to 30 days annual leaves per year, maternity/paternity leave, and special leave arrangements.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline to apply for this position is Saturday, 24 September 2022 (11:59 PM Cairo Time).
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.