Interpreter I (Ukrainian)
On an occasional, on-call basis, interpreters provide language assistance services for clients to support stabilization and integration. They work in close coordination with IRC staff to provide in-person and/or remote interpretation to facilitate services provided under the Reception & Placement (R&P), Matching Grant (MG), Preferred Communities (PC), and Colorado Refugee Services Program (CRSP) Reach Program guidelines. Interpreters adhere to standards of professional conduct for interpreters, assuring accuracy, impartiality, and confidentiality in their efforts to meet the language needs of Limited English Proficient (LEP) individuals and service providers, both internal to IRC and external in the community. Activities include providing professional interpretation services, supporting clients with community navigation and resource connections as assigned, tracking information and data in software systems as requested, and participating in service coordination, trainings and assessments as requested. Interpreters may also assist in other instances in which a client requires an interpreter, as determined in consultation with the Interpretation Coordinator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide accurate, impartial, and confidential interpretation to LEP individuals and service providers in a variety of settings, including clinics, hospitals, schools, community-based organizations, and government agencies. Services may be rendered in-person, via telephone, videoconference, or other virtual means.
- Track assignments and work hours within designated software.
- Participate in trainings and assessments.
- May support special projects and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Certifications:
- High school diploma strongly preferred.
- Interpretation certification preferred.
- Relevant professional interpretation experience preferred.
- Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations strongly preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Cultural sensitivity; ability to build trust with clients, colleagues, and partners.
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
- Spoken proficiency in Ukrainian.
- Written proficiency in Ukrainian and ability to translate documents is a plus.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Reliable transportation to appointment locations.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position is an occasional, on-call position. Hours vary based on caseload and client needs. There is no guaranteed weekly minimum. Compensation is firm at $23.00 - $25.00 per hour, commensurate with experience. This position qualifies for overtime in accordance with state and federal laws. As an occasional, on-call role, this position is not eligible for the full IRC benefits package, but will have access to the following:
· A 403(b) retirement savings plan with employer base contributions and matching contributions.
· A comprehensive employee assistance and resilience program.
· A commitment to employee professional development, including an individual staff development account, participation in communities of practice and other fora, talent and leadership development offerings, and occasional opportunities to take on special assignments and roles to represent the IRC in Denver with IRC’s network of offices across the U.S.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at IRC.Denver@rescue.org to request accommodation.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: