Medical coordinator (F/M) - Ethiopia
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
Currently MdM France in Ethiopia is operating in 3 regions:
- Afar region with a program on reduction of gender-based violence among female sex workers funded by the French Agency for Development until 2024. Since 2022, MdM is intervening in the border areas between Afar and Tigray regions affected by the ongoing hostilities.
- Oromia and Somali regions to improve access to quality health services through ECHO funds leading a consortium with COOPI and MdM Germany.
- Finally, MdM France aims to open operations in Tigray region in order to respond to the humanitarian needs linked to the conflict
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator and in collaboration with the health advisor at HQ, you oversee the development, implementation, follow-up and supervision of medical and health-related activities of MdM France in Ethiopia including the follow-up of MdM consortium partners. You directly supervise the deputy medical coordinator and the pharmacist.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Plan and conduct briefings, evaluations and debriefings of the medical teams
- Technically manage the field-based program teams
- Identify potential gaps and promote capacity building of the medical team
- Assist implementing partners in the identification of training and capacity building
- Ensure availability of emergency kits and first aid kit at all bases and coordination
- Ensure that SOPs for the management of occupational Accidental Exposure to Blood (AEB) is in place
- Ensure that the different components of the program are consistent and in link with population needs and set up corrective measures if needed
- Support field teams in the analysis of the medical data
- Provide medical team with necessary and relevant guidelines
- Monitor the implementation of medical activities by partners
- Produce monthly report
- Analyze and monitor medical and health-related data, update MdM internal database and ensure reliability and consistency of these data
- Prepare TORs and write field visit reports
- Participate in the writing of donor reports and project proposals
Coordination with stakeholders
- Participate in the meetings and clusters related to the program and MdM strategies, ensure proper coordination and advocacy
- Build collaboration and partnerships with other stakeholders
- Ensure the mission has an updated Standard Essential Drug List per project
- Ensure pharmacy management is carried out
- Ensure that the whole process of pharmacy management is in line with MdM policy
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Status : Employee
- Contract : Fixed-term contract
- Duration : 6 months
- Starting date : as soon as possible
- Based in Addis Ababa
- Gross monthly salary: 3 175 euros
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite)
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
- Single posting
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Doctor, nurse, midwife with public health background
- 2 years’ experience with similar position in INGO
- Experience with MdM is a strong asset
- Previous experience in Ethiopia is an asset
- Experience in multisectoral programming is an added advantage (including GBV)
- Languages: Fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory
- You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications. MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
To apply, click on the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JfuXregv?idpartenaire=128