Salt Lake City
Position Overview: The Finance Coordinator will be responsible for essential accounting functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, month end closing assistance, file maintenance, and other tasks as assigned. This position reports directly to the Finance Manager.
· Review and process all check requests using SUN system software in an accurate and timely manner.
· Maintain and update vendor and client lists in SUN.
· Reconcile monthly credit card statements.
· Assist in the month end closing process.
· Prepare journal entries for CIK (Contributions In Kind), deposits, corrections, etc.
· Prepare monthly billings and assemble documentation.
· Assist with monthly time and effort reports.
· Record and distribute client bus passes.
· Assist in inventory counts and record-keeping.
· Maintain finance files in an orderly manner.
· Participate in all program meetings, staff development activities, and fully engage as a member of the team.
· Comply with all policies, procedures and protocols of the agency.
· Other related duties as assigned.
· An undergraduate degree with a focus in Accounting or Finance or at least 6 college units in accounting.
· A minimum of two years professional experience working in an accounting or finance-related role.
· Ability to demonstrate proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and other accounting software at an intermediate or higher level; Knowledge of SUN systems a strong plus.
· Experience with accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
· Previous non-profit agency experience preferred.
· Excellent English communication skills-both verbal and written.
· Well-organized, high attention-to-detail.
· Ability to work effectively as a team member.
· Enthusiasm about working in a multi-cultural setting.
· Self direction, initiative, and follow up skills to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met.
· Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks, error free, in a fast-paced environment.
· Standard office environment, considerable time at the desk and computer.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
· Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
· Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
· US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.