Procurement Officer (National Position)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces
The primary objective of the
position is to support the Supply Chain function in developing world-class
procurement practices to improve program support. It requires the occupant to have a deep
understanding of humanitarian supply chains including but not limited to need
assessment, sourcing, buying, and expediting procurements
The success of this role requires close collaboration with field staff, country leadership, program teams, and GSC Quality Assurance.
A. Procurement Planning
- Monitor supply market and conduct market Surveys and Analyses.
- Support the procurement plan implementation, by updating Procurement Plans in Supply Chain Box regularly.
- Support implementation of all IRC procurement Standard Operating Procedures
- Work with requesters to support in development of procurement specification
- Review and process approved Purchase Request in accordance with the IRC and the donors’ guidelines
- Request for quotation/proposals
- Ensure on time and completion of delivery and all the required documents for payment including accruals
- Prepare bid analysis and required documents for approval
- Demonstrate value for money in procurement
- Review procurement documents for accuracy before taking payment for approval
- Maintain accurate procurement data and records in Supply Chain Box
C. Contracting Process
- Prepare, executing Procurement contracts for awarded suppliers, ensure favorable Procurement Terms and Conditions are met.
- Timely renewal of running contracts and supplier performance evaluation.
D. Supplier Management
- Conduct Supplier performance reviews and supplier performance scorecards
- Ensure the agreement renewal in time
- Maintain suppliers file and documentation
- Conduct procurement due diligence, including ATC check, supplier site visits, supplier background checks and implement any other fraud prevention methods
- Provide constructive support to other functions to ensure effective, compliance with policies & procedures
- Identifying and reporting procurement red flags
- Support the internal and external audit activities, including audit corrective action plans (CAPs)
F. Support Team and Field Offices:
- Support the procurement activities at the fields to ensure effective supply chain support in Thailand
- Perform other related duties as required
Key Working Relationships:
Reports to: Senior Supply Chain Manager
Position directly supervises: N/A
Internal: Regular relationships with program staff, Operations and Supply Chain staff at all levels
External: Suppliers and service providers