Request for Proposal: Strategic Data Systems Consultation Services
******Please send proposals to the Senior Coordinator, People Operations, Avi Anshika, at email@example.com, no later than September 21th, 2022. No proposals should be submitted via this portal.******
AWS ETL/Database Developer
At Last Mile Health, we dig data.
Last Mile Health (LMH) seeks to hire a skilled and experienced ETL/Database Developer as a consultant to design, develop and fill a new data warehouse for our organization. Your duties will include consulting with the Data Systems team, reviewing data storage needs, creating a data warehouse, extracting data from the organization’s servers and loading into the new data warehouse. The individual must have experience in planning, developing, and managing complex data systems to help develop the next generation of Last Mile Health’s data management platform and portal, known as Last Mile Data 2.0 (LMD 2.0).
Working with the Global Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (GMERL) team Data Architect and Data Engineer, the consultant will be supported in the design and development of Amazon Web services (AWS) Data Integration services to extract, transform and load (ETL) data from various data collection tools to meet the organization’s global data needs. The consultant will also engage key stakeholders at Last Mile Health to understand data use needs and sources across the organization.
About Last Mile Data
The LMD 2.0 is developed to collect, store, and report on data captured during the monitoring and evaluation of our LMH country programs. As Last Mile Health’s mission evolves and expands into more countries in Africa, its data storage, collection, and reporting needs have been evolving and expanding as well. It has since been expanded to include other indicators, data, and reports from across the organization. New unique records are constantly being captured by community health workers, supervisors and other staff, then uploaded to a legacy relational database and data portal. Most of these records are generated by mHealth devices operating in remote communities. The rest of the records are manually entered into web forms for reporting.
- Commitment – 3 months with an immediate start date preferred
- Location – LMH offices in Lilongwe, Malawi or Monrovia, Liberia. Please note that candidates must presently be located in either Malawi or Liberia. This consultancy is not remote and LMH is not arranging relocation.
- Please include your overall proposal cost in USD within your application materials. The consultant will be paid their fee upon completion of tasks as detailed below.
What You’ll Do
The following scope of work describes the key tasks to be accomplished through this consultancy.
TASK 1: Convene a kick-off call with members of LMH GMERL Data Systems Team and other key stakeholders to present the scope of work and work plan, respond to questions, and revise the work plan as needed.
Deliverable: Convene Kick-off Call to present work plan
TASK 2: Conduct a comprehensive review of LMD 2.0 design and AWS accounts build, including review of existing documentation that describes LMD 2.0 and through consultative sessions with the Data Architect, who leads the design and development of LMD 2.0, and the Data Engineer, who is the lead developer. Develop a proposal of how various data types can be ingested into LMD 2.0 data warehouse based on comprehensive review and use case.
Deliverable: Proposal of how to build a data warehouse and ingest various data types into LMD 2.0 based on the comprehensive review and use case.
TASK 3: Using plain language with supporting documentation, present and engage appropriately to the data systems team, AWS Technical team and other LMH key stakeholders at Last Mile Health:
- How to build the data warehouse
- How to load data into a data warehouse
- Respond to questions, and revise the proposal as needed.
Deliverables: Articulate 1.) How to build the data warehouse 2.) How to load data into a data warehouse 3.) supporting documentation
TASK 4: Based on stakeholder feedback:
- Design data warehouse components.
- Build a data warehouse
- Test the data warehouse
Deliverables: a data warehouse and supporting documentation.
TASK 5: Based on stakeholder feedback:
- Design ETL processes to load data into data warehouse
- Map current data sources, transformation logic and data targets.
- Build ETL processes to load data into data warehouse
- Connect Data warehouse to data visualization tools.
- Test the ETL solution
Deliverables: Design and build ETL processes to load data into database/data warehouse and supporting documentation.
TASK 6:Present an acceptable demonstration and design documents of the data warehouse solution to the data systems team and LMH keys stakeholders. Provide system recommendations to key stakeholders at Last Mile Health in a format that is appropriate for technical and non-technical audience members. Respond to questions from presentation attendees. Revise, as relevant, based on feedback and/or questions from presentation attendees.
Deliverables: Data warehouse and ETL solution design document, solution demonstration and system recommendations.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in computer or information science or a relevant field.
- 10 or more years of progressive experience designing, developing, and managing complex data systems with an emphasis on cloud and distributed databases, data warehouse, or other data architectures.
- Extensive experience with AWS cloud solutions.
- Previous experience leading or consulting on an organization-wide strategic planning of the architecture and implementation of a complicated data system.
- Strong technical project management experience and a deep understanding of SDLC.
- Demonstrated experience working with health information systems and health data in low- and middle-income settings, where internet connectivity may be limited or unstable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels of technical and non-technical management and other stakeholders
Individuals and/or firms with experience in designing, developing, and managing complicated data systems, are encouraged to submit a proposal. Proposals should include at a minimum:
- Methodology, plan, and intermediate deliverables to accomplish scope of work
- Time-bound work plan (Scope of work should be completed in approximately three months. Please include your estimated weekly or monthly hours.)
- Resume, CV, and/or consultant profile
- Summary listing of similar projects completed by the consultant that qualifies you to do this work
- 2-3 client references who can speak to your relevant experience.
- Overall proposal cost in USD
Proposals should be no more than 5 pages in length and should be submitted as a single PDF inclusive of all supporting documents.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visitwww.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: