International Specialist on Procurement Logistics
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture.
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply;
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
FAO Angola Representation will hire the Procurement Logistics consultant, under a service contract National Project Personnel (NPP).
The main aim of FAO Country Offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist the governments to develop policies, programmers, and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The incumbent will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative (international consultant) or Operations officer, both with direct supervision of the International Procurement Officer and technical guidance of CSLP in the FAO Regional Office for Africa and Headquarters.
Support the procurement area and Operational unit on the implementation of the National Field Programme including emergency, rehabilitation, and development projects. The main responsibility is to effectively assist the management and implementation of FAO portfolio projects through driving development results planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting in line with corporate requirements.
Tasks and responsibilities
The incumbent will lead the following general tasks:
• In full compliance with FAO procurement guidelines and relevant FAO Manual Section provisions provide day-to-day procurement administrative support and perform tasks as related to procurement of goods, works and services;
• Review, check, monitor and implement the procurement steps as per established check lists and Standard Operating Procedures;
• Provide efficient administrative and clerical support to procurement processes, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Perform routine follow-up on procurement and informing the supervisor of the status.
• Provide written responses to queries from external parties regarding procurement matters;
• Establish and maintain working files on procurement activity, including printing of all offers (for the assigned cases) from the e-tendering portal after the formal Opening by the Tender Opening Panel;
• Prepare letters, memoranda, email, etc. to monitor progress and liaise with vendors during the entire procurement cycle; examine and resolve post-order problems and prepare progress reports on procurement matters;
• Liaise with the requesters on receipt of goods, equipment's and services given obtaining the proper delivery reports or similar to ensure all supporting documents are available for audit and review purpose;
• Provide monthly reports on status of contracts progress and payment to Programme, Procurement and Operations Teams;
• Conduct market research to add more qualified Service Providers to the database of shortlisted Service Providers practicing due diligence in verifying the Profile and Past Performance of the Service Providers;
• Prepare and bi-monthly work on Procurement Plan together with the Procurement and make analyses of planned activities vis-à-vis planned dates to identify bottlenecks and ways of improvement;
• Implement the procurement plans through the issuance of tenders, following up on the evaluations, preparing commercial evaluations, drafting the submissions to the Review Committees, issuing contractual instruments (Contracts and GRMS ERP Purchase Orders), following up on delivery and closing the contractual instruments;
• Input to the preparation of procurement plans;
• Assist in the receiving, inspection and verification of incoming Agro- machineries & equipment, Vegetables seeds, fertilizer and supplies and scheduling of deliveries to users;
• Assist the program in handing over equipment to the end user/counterpart and make sure hand over documents are dully signed by both parties.
• Liaise with Procurement team to receive documents of the incoming shipments from international vendors;
• Assist in the preparation of Tax Exemption Certificates and necessary permits for clearance of consignments;
• Liaise with respective ministries/custom clearance contractor to get clearance letters and approvals on time before arrival of shipment in the country;
• Review, verify and reconcile a variety of data and reports to ensure compliance and conformance with administrative rules and regulations;
• Support capacity building and knowledge sharing within the project by assisting with training and briefing sessions;
• Accurately maintain logistics files, records and database information for reference and reporting, as required by the project team and Logistics Unit.
• Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in sciences, statistics, development studies or related areas.
• Working knowledge (level C) of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge (level B) of one of the other FAO languages. For PSA, working knowledge of one FAO language is required.
• At least 3 years of relevant experience in procurement, operations, commercial or logistic area, including hands-on experience in planning, monitoring and reconciliation.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus and monitoring
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Ability to work under pressure and adapt to an evolving and complex context and within multidisciplinary and different cultural background teams;
• Advanced knowledge in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
• Demonstrated ability to establish good working relationship and team spirit both inside the Organization and with external partners.
• Knowledge and experience among UN or NGOs work environment
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency