Salt Lake City
The Caseworker will provide Reception & Placement (R&P) case management core services and coordinate extended case management services including health, employment, financial stability, education, and housing for refugees during the two-year period after arrival. This position reports to the Resettlement Manager.
- Provide extended case management services to newly arrived refugees up to 12 months (for singles) and 15 months (for families with dependents) with dependents upon arrival, including addressing housing, health, education, employment, financial assistance, legal issues, and other needs which may emerge.
- Develop self-sufficiency strategies, monitor progress, and provide support to refugees to be become independent and self-sufficient.
- Perform services as outlined in the 12 months (for singles) and 15 months (for families with dependents) case management contracts with the State of Utah.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date case files for all assigned clients, both hard copy and electronic.
- Coordinate with other staff and programs to meet the needs of clients during the 12 months (for singles) and 15 months (for families with dependents) extended case management period.
- Attend team and office meetings, participate in collective team and office efforts; comply with all IRC and local office policies and practices.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in social work or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of two years related work experience; preferably in a non-profit or social services agency environment.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Fluency in a language spoken by one or more of the refugee groups IRC is serving (Sango, Spanish, Arabic, Swahili, Kinyarwanda, and Tigrinya) preferred.
- Ability to document client interactions and services provided and maintain updated and accurate case files. Case file database experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and solid keyboarding skills.
- Effective time management skills and ability to focus and work productively in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member in a multi-cultural environment.
· Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area (home visits, agency visits, service provider visits etc.).
· Ability to work periodic evenings and weekends.
· A combination of standard office environment and ‘field’ time in and around the service delivery area.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.