Fleet Manager (National Position)
Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health,
safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by
conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC
is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive,
reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC
has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to
displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces
Reporting to the Deputy Field Coordinator for Operations, the Fleet Manager is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all transportation, fleet, and equipment management functions for IRC’s Tak office. The position will also be responsible for the standardization of policies and strong fleet management practices across all field sites in Tak Province and will require regular travel to provide technical support to field-based fleet management staff in Umphang District.
- Handle Travel Requisition Process, including oversight of all travel arrangements and operations.
- Manage relationships with travel agencies and vendors.
- Participate in Travel service Provider Sourcing and negotiating contracts or rates with travel service providers.
- Oversee fleet management by working closely with Senior Driver and Senior Operations Officer in Umphang District.
- Ensure proper set-up and optimal utilization of IRC vehicles, appropriate driving service arrangement and provide solutions for fleet issues.
- Monitor fleet movement plans, vehicle repairs, drivers’ assignment, vehicle safety, and fuel consumption and capture them on the monthly report.
- Ensure acceptable vehicle condition, driving capacity and road safety awareness among drivers.
- Oversee carry out driving tests and propose authorization to drive or provide reasons for non-recommendation of authorization.
- Monitor travel plans and trips for drivers outside of Mae Sot, requests for cash advances, and clear all payments.
- Arrange rental vehicle for programs when needed.
- Work with the Supply Chain Coordinator to analyze operational / program needs for transport and plan appropriate fleet size.
- Prepare an annual fleet plan, vehicle disposal, and replacement plan.
- Supervise and manage fleet movement plans including weekly vehicle scheduling and requisition process.
- Ensure the implementation of IRC fleet management standards.
- Ensure vehicles are properly registered and have TPL insurance according to the rules and regulations in country.
- Establish mechanisms to check that vehicles are roadworthy at regular intervals.
- Ensure timely and effective vehicle maintenance and repair management by identifying quality garages, supporting establishment of contracts with pre-approved garages, establishing quality control mechanisms, and undertaking performance reviews at a regular basis.
- Oversee and ensure that maintenance has taken place and validate maintenance invoices before payment process.
- Manage vehicle safety in accordance with IRC procedures and all vehicle users adhere to IRC fleet management policies.
- Implement motor bike management process.
- Participate in vehicle and car hire service providers sourcing and negotiating contracts or rates with vehicle hire service providers.
- Monitor vehicle fuel consumption monthly and identify innovative ways to reduce fuel consumption.
- Oversee regular vehicle checks (maintenance, cleanness etc.) daily, weekly and monthly, as needed and ensure all checklists are completed in accordance with IRC Thailand vehicle policies.
- Ensure all mechanical equipment tools, first aid kits and supplies are in vehicles and remain in good condition.
Legal and Compliance
- Based on fleet management data and related information, identify, recommend, and implement actions that lead to improved efficiency and effectiveness of the fleet as well as reduce the risk associated with fleet operations and road transport.
- Ensure all staff (international and national) are familiar with and comply fully with the IRC fleet policies and procedures.
- Promptly Inform the Field Coordinator/Deputy Field Coordinators for Operations any areas of concern or potential suspected fleet policy violations.
- Provide constructive support to all vehicle users to ensure effective, compliance to fleet policies & procedures.
- Support and provide feedback on assigned audit findings submitted to the country office and implement discrete, time-bound fleet management initiatives that improve performance or compliance (i.e. implementing post-audit corrective action plan);
- Provide SCMR Report on the supply chain activities in IRC Mae Sot Office and submit to Supply Chain Bangkok on monthly basis.
- Track all vehicle registrations and insurances, and ensure all updated documents are in the vehicles (original) and a copy is update in timely on files and vehicle in timely.
- Act as focal point in cases of Tak vehicle accidents and report all instances to Deputy Field Coordinator for Operations and Field Coordinator according to vehicle policy.
- Report traffic crashes and vehicle incidents and conduct crash investigations to identify the causes and suggest preventative measures.
- Ensure that fleet data such as maintenance and fuel data is captured in the monthly fleet management report.
- Analyze data, prepare and submit accurate fleet report to supervisor in accordance with specified schedules per donor regulations, including generator performance reporting.
- Support recruitment and selection and (re) testing of drivers, including testing of drivers’ fitness (written tests and interviews) through the effective utilization of the driver, fleet team members.
- Ensure each team member’s objectives are set following the organizational unit vision as well as operations context.
- Dissemination and adherence of the vehicle safety policies by all vehicle users.
- Provide face to face and remote orientation to newly hired staff.
- Facilitate annual safety driving training course for fleet team members as appropriated.
- Review and organize drivers’ monthly timesheets and compensation plans and submit to Mae Sot HR on monthly basis.
- Supervise driver team by evaluate work performance and review job objectives through annual PME process.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Report to: Deputy Field Coordinator for Operations
Position directly supervises: Senior Driver and Drivers
Indirect Reporting: Senior Supply Chain Manager, Bangkok
External contacts: Vendor-Supplier, Agent
Internal: IRC staff