Programme Assistant (Nutrition) G5
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Job Title: Programme Assistant (Nutrition)
Grade: General Service Level 5
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Number of Post : 1
Duration: 12 months (extendable)
Duty Station: Yangon
Report to : Activity Manager, Nutrition Unit
Date of Publication: 14 September 2022
Deadline of Application: 28 September 2022
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This post is opened for Myanmar Nationals Only.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of Activity Manager (Nutrition Unit), Yangon, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
• Monitor the food /cash and nutrition assistance for all SO3 nutrition activities (Prevention of Stunting, Treatment of Moderate acute malnutrition, Prevention of Acute malnutrition, HIV/TB nutrition support) in collaboration with relevant counterparts and implementation partners, specifically in Yangon.
• Assist the Senior Programme Associate and Activity Managers by providing technical support and the development and implementation of nutrition activities under the Yangon Field Office.
• Support in the review of Field Level Agreements (FLAs) as well as negotiations/discussions with partners on relevant budgets and proposals covered under the SO3 nutrition programmmes.
• Review monthly food and cash distribution reports and upload in WFP system.
• Prepare reports and undertake analysis of the reports for Prevention of Stunting, Treatment of Moderate acute malnutrition, prevention of Acute malnutrition, HIV/TB nutrition support (e.g., food and cash request, resource utilization, programme status, performance) in order to support in the operational decision-making process.
• Review partner’s monthly/quarterly/annual reports and provide technical inputs for programme implementation with partners.
• Provide technical support for nutritional assessment, counseling, behavioral change communication, food and cash distribution, the establishment of proper storage for food and Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E).
• Organize relevant trainings and workshop as a part of technical support.
• Support capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and community volunteers.
• Work and exchange information with internal counterparts (M&E, VAM ,CBT, Relief) to support effective collaboration, implementation, and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
• Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g., food security and vulnerability assessments) following corporate standards and guidelines.
• Take part in regular technical coordination and programme review meetings.
• Liaise with cooperating partners, agencies, and NGOs to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing nutrition activities.
• Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
• Perform any other appropriate duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have University degree in Health (e.g. MBBS, BNSc Nursing, B.Com H, B.Pharm)
- Additional years of related training/courses will be an asset.
- Fluency in both oral and written in English and Myanmar.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- At least five years of progressively responsible support or humanitarian work experience, preferably in implementation of nutrition programmes and working with communities.
- Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e., nutrition, VAM, etc.)
- Technical experience in nutrition programme implementation.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
- Technical proficiency in MS Office suite.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. At WFP, we are driven and defined by our mission to fight world hunger, save lives, feed people’s dreams of a brighter future, reduce risk and help enable people, communities and countries meet their own food and nutrition needs. WFP goes anywhere it’s needed and does what it takes to get the job done. You will find our people at the heart of every major humanitarian intervention around the world, providing the essential life-saving foundation required for those furthest behind. Each year, we reach an average of 80 million people with food assistance in around 80 countries. Delivering our mission requires deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team. While the 16,000-people working for WFP reflect the rich diversity of the world in which we work, the vital importance of our shared mission underpins a remarkably close community of purpose.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is offering life-changing job opportunities you are unlikely to find in other organizations. Working at WFP will give you the opportunity to work beyond your expectations, to be enriched by truly meaningful work and deepen your professional expertise.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.