Pharmacist - Part Time
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over countries and U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Since 2007, IRC has worked with refugees and other vulnerable populations in Jordan focusing on urban and camp interventions addressing health, protection, economic development, and early childhood development for Syrian refugees and host communities. IRC through its health program has been providing essential Primary and Reproductive Health (RH) services to Syrian refugees and vulnerable host communities in Jordan.
Under UNFPA- funded project, "Provision of Integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health and Gender-Based Violence Services in Azraq Camp." PI-SRH-GBV, the pharmacist - part time will be responsible for managing pharmaceutical issues the in Azraq Refugee Camp. The Pharmacist - part time will cover up to 15 working days in the month at the IRC reproductive health facilities in the Azraq camp. Payment depends on the number of the working days. The position will be based in Azraq camp.
The pharmacist will do the monthly inventory of the IRC’s medications, Family planning methods and medical supplies in all IRC locations and the pharmacies of the partners and ensure the continuous supplies for these items in different entities. She / He will advise the health team on the selection, dosage, the record-keeping of pharmaceuticals consumptions.
Major Responsibilities: The pharmacist will be specifically responsible for performing the following activities:
- Monthly inventory for the medications and medical supplies in the warehouse of the IRC
- Monthly inventory for the medications in the partner pharmacies that dispense medicines to IRC beneficiaries
- Follow up on the expiry dates of medications and medical supplies and provide the direct supervisor and the technical team with a list of the near expiry.
- Calculating the monthly consumption rate of medication and medical supplies
- Providing the IRC clinics and the partners’ pharmacies that dispense medications with their needs in a regular manner
- Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
- Support the health team in conducting surveys related to any public health issues in the camp.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals and counseling patients on drug therapies.
- Supports the communication department in the monthly Jordan Staff newsletter, Videos newsletter, or where needed (providing talks, articles, videos and/or looking for appropriate speakers that can do so).
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to Sexual and Reproductive Health Specialist
Other Internal and/or external contacts. Internal: Health team in Azraq camp, Supply Chain and assets team external: IRC contracted suppliers and health partners on the field.