Project Engineer (Air Transport Domain)
- Function title: Project Engineer (Air Transport Domain)
- Reference: NOC-DE-2022-FGIV/496
- Location: Brétigny-sur-Orge - Information about living in Brétigny-sur-Orge
- Nature of the competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL
- Grades: AC 13/15 - Check salary simulations for the basic grade
- Generic post: Junior Specialist (FG-IV) (13/15 )
- Number of posts: 2
- Duration of engagement: 3 Year (s)
- Security clearance: none required
- Directorate/Service: DECMA/INO/SHO - Stakeholder Operations Centre of Expertise
- Competition publication date: 15/09/2022
- Competition closing date: 13/10/2022 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Directorate European Civil-Military Aviation ,the EUROCONTROL Innovation Hub (EIH) carries out research, innovation and simulation activities to help improve European aviation performance, safety and sustainability, bridging the gap between R&D and operations. The EIH also addresses emerging new technologies as well as deployment of drones and urban air mobility systems.
Your role will be to:
- Support and contribute to specific R&I projects, working groups and/or studies related to the INO Programmes activities (SESAR, Innovation, Drones and Simulations) including:
- Plan and task projects development.
- Capture stakeholders' needs.
- Define high-level validation objectives & techniques, and key performance areas to assess and support projects feasibility.
- Create, review and manage requirement engineering specifications for new concepts and systems (including but not limited to operational, regulatory, safety, design, environmental and testing requirements).
- Coordinate requirements, interfaces, and standards.
- Assess data results, technical metrics, and perform trend analysis.
- Perform assessments of projects feasibility through analytical modelling, data analysis or fast-time simulation.
- Review and prepare engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding project scheduling/progress, design/specifications questions, customer changes, new project quotations, etc.
- Support and participate in various aviation activities and events (e.g. conferences, workshops) to promote EUROCONTROL’s contribution to relevant projects.
- Develop and maintain effective networking with relevant aviation actors and industry partners to ensure effective information-sharing.
- Carry out any other tasks in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Completed university studies of 4 years in a relevant domain (e.g. Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, etc).
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in an engineering discipline with a broad general understanding of engineering and design methodologies.
- Knowledge in Air Transport/Aviation. This knowledge could have been gained through studies or experience.
- Ability to analyse and assess technological trends, and identify and develop most promising approaches.
- Technical document writing and presentation skills in English.
- Project Management skills.
- As an asset:
o Experience or knowledge in Aviation Research & Innovation.
o Experience or knowledge in agile development methodologies.
o Understanding of SESAR Concept of Operations and Program.
o Knowledge in machine learning techniques, toolkits, data analytics, statistical analysis, modelling, algorithm design and software development/scripting.
- Analytical thinking: you analyse information and you are able to identify relationships.
- Creativity and innovation: you apply new approaches.
- Communication: you are able to foster two-way communication.
- Networking: you identify sources of information and develop trusting relationships.
- Team work: you foster team work.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at level C1. The selected candidate will be required to become at least a basic user of French at level A1 before the end of the probation period.
The levels relate to the Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of 3 Year (s) pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed. Before being established in the post, he/she will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- The successful candidate shall be engaged in principle at the basic grade of the advertised grades.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the closing date of applications.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: https://www.eurocontrol.int/careers
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.
In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from the under-represented diversity characteristics.
- Candidates should go to our Careers website and read the tips on how to apply.