Extended Case Management Casework Supervisor
Job Overview: The Extended Case Management (ECM) Casework Supervisor is responsible for identifying and coordinating service and referral needs across IRC in Turlock for vulnerable clients with extended case management service needs and provide a comprehensive client-centered culturally sensitive care. Responsibilities include ensuring quality assurance policies and procedures are in place to meet all funders and contract requirements, act as client advocate to assist with services coordination to support client independent living plans and serve as an additional resource to staff specifically in relation to crisis intervention. The role will develop and invest in community partnerships to ensure adequate social service resources are accessible to clients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Oversee the extended case management team
· Distribute caseloads and oversee the direct staff and the daily provision of program services
· Ensure accurate tracking of referral needs and service coordination/utilization according to funder and partnership requirements
· Serve as the contact point, advocate, and informational resource for clients, staff, and community resources
· Collaborate with other departments to encourage timely internal and external referrals
· Maintain a resource guide of appropriate support services for populations served
· Create ongoing processes for internal and external service providers to determine clients’ unmet service needs and request the level of service coordination support desired at any given point in time
· Develop and maintain partnerships with community organizations for referral of clients as needed
· Conduct and facilitate regular case review meetings and all other administrative meetings as required
· Review files and ensure that all electronic case files are maintained in accordance with all contract requirements and all reports required are submitted timely and in accordance with guidelines
· Monitor program execution to ensure compliance with all funding requirements; communicate program needs to management team.
· Perform other duties as needed
· Meet regularly (once or more times a week remotely and in person) with direct reports to assign duties and ensure that tasks are completed;
· Coordinate team direct service meetings; ensure communication and collaboration across departments;
· recruitment, onboarding, and oversight which includes onboarding, training and support of new hires, performance evaluations, and related HR tasks;
· Approve timesheets and overtime
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: IRC Turlock Resettlement Manager
Position directly supervises: Extended Case management Caseworkers
Indirect Reporting: IRC Turlock Director
Internal: IRC Employees and program departments across Turlock, HQ Resettlement Team
External: IRC partners, DHA, RHC, and other community agencies
- University degree (B.A.) required, preferably in social work or a related field
- Minimum of two to three years of experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations strongly preferred.
- Experience supervising, supporting, and training staff strongly required
- Experience in program management and responsibility for budget management preferred
· A combination of standard office environment and ‘field’ time in and around the service delivery area.
· May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.