Print Shop Assistant 40%
Vacancy Announcement No: UPU/22/G5/FT-C/372
Title: Print Shop Assistant 40%
Type of contract: Fixed-term (Core) Appointment
Duration: Three years
14 September 2022
Application Deadline: 11 October 2022
(25 day(s) until closing deadline)
Currently accepting applications
Organizational Unit: Logistics Directorate (DL)
Duty Station: Bern Switzerland
Scheduled date for taking up appointment: December 2022
Please note that this is a locally-recruited position, restricted to Swiss nationals and/or legal residents of Switzerland.
With its 192 member countries, the Universal Postal Union (UPU), a specialized agency of the United Nations, is the primary forum for cooperation between postal sector players. It helps to ensure a truly universal network of up-to-date products and services.
Participate in the work of the print shop.
- Computerized management of industrial black-and-white photocopiers linked to a forwarding system (collating, stapling, binding, trimming).
- Computerized management of an industrial colour photocopier and a large-format colour printer; configuration and calibration of systems.
- Scanning of black-and-white and colour copies for printing and/or digitization (PDF, JPEG, TIFF).
- Adaptation of layout of documents, presentations, brochures, reports, etc., using professional software tools (DigiPath, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat).
- Management, assembly and digital conversion to PDF and RDO of various native formats for printing and archiving (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat).
- Retouching and colour correction of images and illustrations, using Photoshop and DocuSP software.
- Operation and adjustment of the industrial binder and various finishing machines (cutter, folding machine, collator, perforating machines, staplers).
- Assistance and advice for staff members using the self-service photocopiers.
- Resolving incidents with the self-service photocopiers and replacing consumables.
- Checking and replenishing stocks of various types of paper in the print shop and on the various floors.
- Programming and printing barcode labels when the usual operator is absent.
|QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED|
Diploma in desktop publishing (CFC type) or equivalent qualification.
Four years' experience in the area in question.
1. Technical proficiency with industrial copiers and printers and finishing machines in the area concerned.
2. Technical knowledge of IT tools in the area concerned (colorimetry, forwarding, and InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro software).
3. Good office software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Skills and abilities / competencies:
1. Ability to work independently and to deal with stress
2. Flexibility during conference periods
Proficiency in French
English at intermediate level.
French is the official language of the UPU. English and French are the working languages of the UPU International Bureau.
Priority shall be given for an internal promotion.
The UPU is committed to encouraging diversity within its workforce. Interested candidates from minority groups and/or with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated equally and in the strictest confidence.
Candidates might be considered for other similar posts (for a period not exceeding one year).
Candidates must ensure that they provide relevant contact details so that they can be contacted at any time, to prevent them from being excluded from the selection process.
Applicants are requested to provide (a) reference(s) letters from their employer (current and/or previous).
Reference letters should be emailed to [email protected] indicating the vacancy name as the subject of the email.
(Net of tax)
|The conditions of service are governed by the Staff Regulations and Rules of the International Bureau of the Universal Postal Union.|
|Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form.
All applications must be received by the closing date as stated in the vacancy announcement.
All applicants employed by postal entities and applying for a vacant position in the Professional (P) or Senior (D) category must be recommended and submitted through the competent postal authority.
Applications not satisfying this criterion may not be considered.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
|Applications from women and member states are particularly encouraged.
The UPU promotes diversity and work-life balance.
|For further instructions regarding the online application process, please visit the UPU internet page at:|
|Currently accepting applications|
The UPU has a smoke-free environment