International Consultant for TVET Quality Assurance
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Tashkent
Classification of duty station: [[filter12]]
Standard Duration of Assignement : [[filter13]]
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 7 to 11 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 03-OCT-2022
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The Government of Uzbekistan and UNESCO have been implementing the “Skills Development in Rural Areas of Uzbekistan” project, funded by EU for the period of 2020-2024. This project aims to support the development of relevant skills of women and men for sustainable, diversified and modernised agriculture in Uzbekistan. This project will contribute to improving the quality, relevance, efficiency and effectiveness of the skills development system in the agriculture and irrigation sectors, initiated by the Government of Uzbekistan, with a particular focus on the rural regions selected by the national stakeholders (Karakalpakstan, Khorazm, Bukhara, Surkhondaryo).
The contractor will support the project activities of designing a methodology for building quality assured sectoral qualifications in a modern skill production system for Uzbekistan with particular focus on agriculture and irrigation sectors. The work will commence from October or at the earliest possible date with the duration of 11 months, and all the deliverables should be submitted within 11 months of the commencement. The main tasks are:
- Implement quality criteria and process for the five main actors in TVET system, namely: TVET providers, Sector Skills Councils (SSCs), assessment centers, trainers, and awarding bodies.
- Identify the existing quality criteria and quality process for assessment centers, trainers, and awarding bodies. (Project has identified for TVET providers and SSCs)
- Update/ develop a set of quality criteria and quality processes for assessment centers, trainers, and awarding bodies (Project has developed for TVET providers and SSCs) in alignment with national quality assessment requirements and by working closely with each actor and relevant national stakeholders.
- Discuss and validate these quality criteria and process for above five actors with relevant national stakeholders.
- Develop five training programmes (approximately 3 day courses) targeting the above five actors, by identifying gaps, needs, and the areas of training and support needed.
- Deliver the training programmes on site and provide additional follow-up support to them if needed. In addition, deliver training to the project’s pilot TVET providers (in total four technikums and colleges for agriculture and irrigation) on implementing quality processes.
- Support the operationalization of newly established SSCs
- In relation to the task above for SSCs, the project has reviewed the current structure of SSC in Uzbekistan about their roles, tasks and function in TVET system, and developed the draft paper on further development in their roles and appropriate models. The contractor needs to present the concept paper in consultation workshops/ meetings to SSCs and relevant stakeholders, discuss, revise and advise the Government of Uzbekistan on the necessary following steps towards the comprehensive operationalization of the SSCs.
- Based on best international experiences, liaise with private sector representatives for their active participation and input to the role and work of the SSCs
- Propose potential programmes of knowledge exchange and training opportunities for SSCs in the form of study tour and capacity development workshops.
- Provide guidance, briefing and de-briefing before, through and after the SSC study tour to the participants of the study tour.
- Organize the dissemination of the experiences and lessons learnt from the SSC study tour to other SSC members, private sector representatives and other project stakeholders
The contractor is expected to work remotely and to travel to Uzbekistan and visit the abovementioned four project regions for consultation and delivery of the trainings. Additionally the contractor is expected to guide the study tour to the destination country and provide briefing/ de-briefing to the participants. The country as well as the timing of the study tour will be decided soon.Long Description
- Agreed quality criteria and process for Sector Skills Councils (SSCs), assessment centers, trainers, and awarding bodies
- Material for training programme targeting the TVET providers, Sector Skills Councils (SSCs), assessment centers, trainers, and awarding bodies
- Report describing the outcome of the trainings for TVET providers, Sector Skills Councils (SSCs), assessment centers, trainers, and awarding bodies
- Presented and agreed concept paper for SSCs which includes the potential roles of private sectors as well as presentation material for the workshop
- Proposal and material of knowledge exchange programme for SSCs in the form of study tour, dissemination of its outcome and capacity development workshops
Advanced University degree in Education or other relevant field
- A minimum of ten years of work experience in the skills development/ TVET in at least five countries
- A minimum of five years of work experience in working as an expert to implement quality assurance related topics in several countries
- Experience in providing technical support to the Sector Skills Councils (SSCs) in several countries
- Experience in delivering hands-on capacity development trainings in several countries
- Experience in leading international study tours
- Experience/ knowledge in the dual education system
- Experience in implementing project/ programme by international organizations
- Knowledge/ experience in Uzbekistan and/or Central Asian countries is an asset
- Experience in TVET agriculture and water resources management is an asset
Interested candidates should click on “Apply Now”. At the end of the word document, please insert the extra pages with the following required information:
- An up-to-date CV
- A brief technical proposal discussing the approach/methodology to undertake the assignment and work plan.
- The proposed fee in US dollars to undertake the assignment. Any travel costs should be indicated separately.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.