Traineeship Opportunity in the Standardisation Team
- Type of traineeship: Traineeship Opportunity in the Standardisation Team
- Location: Brussels
- Directorate/Service: DECMA/PCS/SCS - Standards, Cooperation & Support Unit
- Publication date: 16/09/2022
- Closing date: 11/10/2022
Within the Directorate European Civil-Military Aviation , the Standardisation team is comprised of senior experts with extensive experience of all domains of air traffic management. We are responsible for producing EUROCONTROL’s technical and operational specifications and guidelines, which are used in the operation and deployment of the aviation network. The EU also seeks our expertise and support in the development of regulations and their means of compliance. We operate within the whole research to implementation lifecycle to capture standardisation needs, using techniques such as safety and cost analyses whilst working closely with aviation stakeholders.
PURPOSE OF THE TRAINEESHIP
We believe in giving opportunities to young people who are seeking an on-the-job training experience that will enable them to acquire real-life work experience where they can apply and increase the knowledge acquired in the course of your studies.
In this case, we offer trainees the opportunity to participate in standardisation development work whilst learning about the broader aviation domain, including its regulatory and standardisation frameworks
What you can expect:
- Real-life tasks and responsibilities
- Perfect chance to apply and improve your knowledge and skills with regular feedback.
- Opportunity to expand your professional network.
- An international environment where everybody is different and valued.
MAIN LEARNING OBJECTIVES & TASKS
Concretely, this is what you will be doing:
- Support the planning and conduct of standardisation needs analyses and regulatory impact assessments (notably in support of the EU), adding the key environmental science aspects alongside the safety, costs and civil/military considerations;
- Support the development of specifications and guidelines, including project support and exposure to technical content development/management activities;
- Gain a sound knowledge and understanding of the European ATM standardisation and regulatory frameworks and processes in the ATM domain;
- Develop a good understanding of prevalent aviation environmental issues and of the EUROCONTROL contributions to environmental management activities.
During the traineeship you will work with senior experts from a cross-section of the air traffic operational and technical domains and will come into contact with stakeholders from the EU institutions (including EASA and the EC), from the EUROCONTROL member States and from the various air navigation service providers, airport operators and associated industry.
- Completed university studies of 3 years in a relevant domain (ideally in a transport-related and/or safety/economic/environmental related subjects);
- Ability to work autonomously when required and also to work within a Team. You will be based in Brussels but you will also work remotely with part of our Team based in Brétigny (France) and in Maastricht (Netherlands);
- Good analytical skills and ability to express the outcomes clearly in technical documentation;
- Appreciation of the safety or socio-economic or environmental impacts of transport;
- Excellent MS-Word & MS-PowerPoint skills and basic MS-Excel skills;
- Adept with online tools;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, the ability to speak English fluently and produce clear and concise written English is required
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of ECAC Member States only.
- This opportunity falls under the Traineeship Programme Regulations.
- A flat-rate allowance of €900 per month as a contribution towards living expenses will be granted.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to take up appointment and leave may be covered by means of a lump sum.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.
In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics.
- Only the candidates who will be invited for an interview/test will be informed of the outcome of the selection.