Programme Associate - Field Local Agreements (FLA), G6 - El Geneina Area Office
JOB POSTING INFORMATION
Opening date: 18 September 2022
Closing date: 02 October 2022
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s committed and talented team and make your contribution in implementing programmes that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for talented Programme Associate (Field Local Agreements (FLA) in our office in El Geneina Area Office in Sudan, to be hired on a Fixed Term Contract at the Level 6.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
2. Provide specialized partnership management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies, procedures and signed agreements.
3. Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. WFP committed resources, food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
4. Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. partner assessments, evaluation, reporting and payment documentation) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
5. Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of agreed project activities in the filed level agreements.
6. Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform collaborative partnership to ensure efficient delivery of WFP assistance.
7. Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area.
8. Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within the partnership management responsibilities.
9. Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
10. Follow up on issues raised from the spot check missions to WFP partners and support the area office management on issues related to effective partnership management.
11. Perform any other related duties.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience: Completion of secondary school education and a post-secondary certificate in the related functional area and five years of working experience in a related field.
Experience: Five or more years of working experience in a related field.
Language: Fluency in both English and Arabic.
• Has expereince working with technical teams in the area of nutrition, Vulnerabilily Assessment and Mapping, etc;
• Has participated in the implementation of organisational assistance programmes;
• Has observed, assisted or participated in program policy discussions.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
2nd October 2022
- Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process
- WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.