ICT Assistant (G4/G5*)
Tirana | Albania
(*subject to classification and qualification of selected candidate)
The mandate of the OSCE Presence in Albania is to promote democratization, the rule of law, and human rights as well as to consolidate democratic institutions in line with OSCE principles, standards and commitments.
Originally established in 1997, today, the Presence's activities range from arms control and the fight against trafficking to electoral assistance; anti-corruption initiatives; gender mainstreaming and environmental projects; human rights protection; legislative, judicial, and media reform; and the capacity-building of law enforcement officials.
A vacancy has arisen for a project ICT Assistant (G5) until December 2023, with the possibility for an extension pending budget availability. The fixed-term ICT Assistant will be working in the ICT unit, within the OSCE PiA Fund Administration Department. He/she will enhance the capacities and resources of the OSCE Presence in Albania (PiA) to more efficiently and effectively manage needs and requirements stemming from extra-budgetary (ExB) projects.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The incumbent is under the direct supervision of the Administrative and General Service Officer and is the first point of contact primarily for XB Projects and ensures that the implementation of ICT-related functions of the XB projects are aligned to the OSCE Guidelines.
- Provides help desk services to XB Projects, and responds to calls as required.
- Provides online assistance with standard problems relating to the use of equipment and office automation software packages and ensures that these tools are used in an efficient and appropriate manner;
- Provides advice and assistance to end-users on specialized software and equipment used in specific areas of work;
- Assists users with recovery/restoration of documents from backups, archives, and workstations.
- Reviews logs and when necessary follows up with XB Staff in order that all devices in use are kept up to date and in line with ICTS security guidelines
- Escalates problems, which are beyond the responsibility of the help desk function
- To facilitate uninterrupted operation the incumbent implements the system, technology, software and hardware used in the network system as instructed by the supervisors, including all upgrades and improvements, both in terms of software as well as hardware related to network performance. Suggests possible cost savings within the ICT field. The incumbent monitors that network services are being delivered and used by XB Projects and other OSCE Staff in accordance with the ICT Procedures and Policies of OSCE.
- Tests, installs, deploys and re-deploys hardware and software in accordance with OSCE ICT policies and procedures, configuring computer equipment;
- Assists in preparation and updating of OSCE ICT policies, standards and instructions;
- Proposes solutions for increasing work efficiency and implements new technical solutions and presents them to the AGSO and Senior ICT Assistant;
- Reviews information about XB staff and follows the necessary steps for the Creation of User Accounts and when needed Creates user accounts;
- Creates backups that are conducted according to the system in use and reports any failures or problems. Performs backup verification and data integrity;
- Monitors the performance of the network and identifies and proposes methods for optimization.
- Reports any security liabilities to the AGSO and Senior ICT Assistant.
- Provides advice and assistance to end users in accessing network services and ensures their availability and that standard access and services are provided. Notifies the supervisor in case of users requesting services outside the normal scope of standard network services.
- Completed secondary education, supplemented by studies in computer sciences;
- Certification for NT Servers, MS Exchange, Proxy Servers, TCP/IP, Cisco, MCSE and/or other major hard- and software manufacturers are an asset;
- Minimum 4 years experience in installation, maintenance, and administration of LAN/WAN systems, software and hardware.
- Excellent knowledge of computer communication packages equipment and creation of LAN/WAN designs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and in local language;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to assess large amounts of information and provide feedback;
- Effectively multi-task and deliver results under tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Must be Albanian nationality and residency
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 960 EURO, subject to post-classification results and National Social Security deductions.
OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.