HR Assistant Ukraine Kiev (Ukrainian Nationals ONLY)
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the HR functions responsibilities.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents for all administrational and HR documents according to procedures
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Contribute to identification of protection risks and needs in the context of program implementation
- Assist preparing the office/boardroom for meetings, conferences and other events. Handle catering and other related services
- Any other duties that will be assigned by HR Manager/HR Coordinator.
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Preparation of employees’ hiring/firing/transfer documents and uploading this data in AC and Office 365
- Payroll administration
- Vacations and sickness data administrating, preparation of orders and protocols
- Maintaining database of employees in 1C;
- Ensure official reports to Ukrainian Institutions are prepared and submitted in time
- Ensure timesheets are in place
- Take part in salary surveys and market review analysis (upon request)
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Management (CD/HR)
Scale and scope of position
INGOs, local NGOs, governmental authorities
OKTA, 1C, ME Doc
Legal or compliance:
Terms of employment, Code of conduct, Labour Code of Ukraine
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Higher level of education (university degree) in Accounting, Economics or HR
- Min 3 years of experience from working as an HR administrator in Ukrainian company/organization
- Excellent knowledge of Ukrainian labour law
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Knowledge of primary accounting legislation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Russian/Ukrainian, English would be an advantage
- Good command of Microsoft Office
- Operate standard office equipment
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts would be an advantage
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Responsible, punctual, attentive to details, prompt, well-mannered, decent and willing to work, organisational skills and discretion with confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load
- Able to work independently and proactively
2. Behavioral competencies (max 6)
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
- Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework
Type of contract: till 30.06.2023, contingent upon availability
Salary/benefits: According to NRC salary scale, terms and conditions.
Duty station: Kyiv
This position is for Ukrainian nationals only.
Closing date for this vacancy is 04/10/2022
Please note that we will contact only shortlisted candidates.
NRC retains the discretion to cancel the recruitment.
NRC might review applications before advert deadline, therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.