Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (NPSA10)
- Tackling reporting responsibilities and meeting different programme’s reporting requirement at different stakeholder’s levels
- Develop Monitoring & Evaluation Strategy/ system and relevant guidelines for tracking Novel Financing for Sustaining Essential Service Delivery Project achievements and outcomes and take lead to implement it;
- Keep liaison with different stakeholders and Programme Management Unit to ensure the design and implementation of the M&E is made in collaboration with all relevant actors.
- Contribute and develop planning exercises to meet different implementation levels.
- Follow up and coordinate any external supervision and evaluation, audit missions.
Tackling reporting responsibilities and meeting different programme’s reporting requirement at different stakeholder’s levels
- Provide the Project Manager with timely, efficient, effective, and relevant progress reports
- Report monthly, quarterly, semi Annually and annual on all activities to the Project Manger.
- Prepare quarterly Reports on all components, following donor’s guidelines and agreed formats.
- Closely coordinate with the Project team members to collect their quarterly progress reports on the Project implementation and development. Develop Monitoring and Evaluation reports on the project’s interventions in line with the identified objectives and aimed results.
Develop Monitoring & Evaluation Strategy/ system and relevant guidelines for tracking Novel Financing for Sustaining Essential Service Delivery Project achievements and outcomes and take lead to implement it
- Monitor and Evaluate interventions, following the approved main M&E reference documents (M&E Manual, Result Chain, project document, etc.).
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results.
- Develop SMART and result-oriented impact indicators and guide and coordinate the review of the program results framework.
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for any other relevant monitoring or reporting exercise to management, UNDP or the donor.
- Coordinating across the available components of the project to ensure effective implementation of M&E and Management Information System.
- Monitor all project activities, and progress towards achieving the project output. Ensure all critical risks are identified.
- Conduct capacity assessment of existing monitoring and evaluation system. Give technical comments and suggestions for improvement, when considered convenient.
- Coordinating across the available components of the project to ensure effective implementation of M&E/Management Information System
Keep liaison with different stakeholders and Programme Management Unit to ensure the design and implementation of the M&E is made in collaboration with all relevant actors.
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities. Give sound recommendations to management for better implementation, so as to achieve expected results, indicators and objectives
- Clarify M&E responsibilities of different project personnel, and assist the program team with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use. Consolidate a culture of lessons learning involving all program staff and allocate specific responsibilities.
- Effective participation in annual project reviews and planning activities, and assist in preparing relevant reports. Provide top quality Monitoring and evaluation advisory services to the Partner NGOs, and other stakeholders, including coaching partners to forward better utilization of methodology and tools.
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed. Contribute to knowledge management, dissemination, and building in close coordination with UNDP and local partner’s staff.
- Provide top quality Monitoring and evaluation advisory services to the Partner NGOs, and other stakeholders.
Contribute and develop planning exercises to meet different implementation levels.
- Develop a M&E plan including indicators with clear baseline and target values, as well as measurement tools
- Contribute to the development of the Annual Work Plan, ensuring alignment with strategy, agreement on annual targets and inclusion of M&E activities in the work plan.
- Prepare Detailed M&E budget.
- Prepare calendar of M&E activities, including the implementation of all needed M&E tools, such us: students’ surveys, Focus Group Discussions, structured interviews and other data collection tools.
Follow up and coordinate any external supervision and evaluation, audit missions.
- Facilitate, act as resource person, and join if required any external supervision and evaluation/audit missions.
- Coordinate external impact evaluations, as well as focus groups with beneficiaries and counterparts to determine impact of program activities on targeted beneficiaries.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work.
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking.
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning.
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process.
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously.
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships.
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies:
- Results-based Management: Ability to manage programmes and projects with a focus at improved performance and demonstrable results
- Project Management: Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
- Monitoring: Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results
- Evaluation: Ability to make an independent judgement based on set criteria and benchmarks - Ability to anticipate client's upcoming needs and concerns
- Communication: Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels
- Working with Evidence and Data: Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions, and supporting decision-making
- Risk Management: Ability to identify and organize action around mitigating and proactively managing risks
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Social/ Political Sciences, Development studies, M&E or any other related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years with Master’s or seven (7) years with bachelor Degree of relevant experience in Social/Political science, development studies, management or any other related field, including solid experience in Results-Based Management including planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Proven experience in coordinating and supporting Result Based Management (RBM) including annual work-planning and reporting exercises
- Experience in managing internal systems for effective and efficient project monitoring and reporting, both internal and for CSOs/NGOs
- Experience Working with Afghan CSOs is required
- Demonstrated extensive experience in working with grassroots organization, media and civil society is required
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and internet is required
- Solid experience in developing results frameworks and Theory of Change, and M&E plans for development projects
- Demonstrated experience working with monitoring and evaluation of development projects/ programme, including lessons learned
- Experience in reviewing and drafting project reports
- Solid experience in implementation and coordination of interventions at the sub – national level
- Experience in the implementation of community – based interventions is an asset
- Earlier experience with UN and International organizations will be preferred
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation is an asset
- Experience in working with communities is an asset
- Experience in working with international organization or international community is an asset.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English are required;
- Fluency in Pashtu or Dari is required
NOTE: This position is open for Afghanistan nationals only