Fundraising and Donor Relations Specialist
- Organization: CIMMYT - International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center
- Location: Mexico
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- International Relations
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Grant writing
- Closing Date:
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic and results-oriented Fundraising and Donor Relations Specialist to work in the Project Management Unit of CIMMYT.
The position will be based at CIMMYT headquarter in Texcoco, near Mexico City.
- Collaborates with CIMMYT senior management and scientists’, who are leading on specific fundraising opportunities, supporting them in winning over existing and new donors.
- Leads on designing and managing an annual donors’ engagement plan, in collaboration with CIMMYT senior management and scientists, guided by the Resource Mobilization Management Committee ( RM- MC) guidance, associated action plans and priorities therein.
- Actively engages fundraising-savvy scientists, project leaders and principal investigators, pointing towards ‘appropriate’ and ‘realistic’ opportunities, including by engaging with a Resource Mobilization Community of Practice, to hone scientists’ fundraising & proposal development skills, the on-the-job.
- Sets up, improves, and implements fundraising services and tools (e.g., donor intelligence), including tailored support in the pursuit of specific bilateral and CGIAR pool-funded opportunities.
- Maintains an up-to-date overview of current donor programming, priorities, other grantees (competition-collaboration?), and contact information.
- Sets up and maintains an overview of potential, and future donors/funders, plans, supports, and documents relevant engagements.
- Participates in implementing the Resource mobilization strategy, by contributing to other RMPM activity areas and by having an eye on grant-operational and donor-programmatic linkages.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s Degree from a well-recognized university in Communication, International Development, Business Administration or similar field with certification in Project Management (PMI or similar).
- Experience in A multi-project work environment for more than 5 years, part of that in an international environment.
- Demonstrated experience in donor intelligence and fundraising; demonstrated capacity in both supporting and leading on successfully pursuing fundraising opportunities.
- Build strong relationships with counterparts at all levels, focuses on results and intended outcomes of grants management, establish links and connections (e.g., with Communications about project success reporting).
- Demonstrates resourcefulness, initiative, and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development; responds positively to feedback.
- Promotes a knowledge-sharing and learning culture in the office through leadership and personal development.
- English language at the C1-CFRL level or higher. Other foreign languages is a plus
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively and respectfully and inclusively in a diverse, multicultural, multidisciplinary work environment.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical Thinking, Creative Thinking, Communication, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem Solving, and Decision Making, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, and Team Leadership.
The position is for an initial fixed term of two (2) years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, car, comprehensive health, and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual home travel airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
Candidates must apply online for IRS22147_Fundraising and Donor Relations Specialist.
Screening and follow-up of applications will begin on Friday, October 21st, 2022. Applications must include a CV and a cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.