Administrative Assistant (Contract Management)
Parent Sector : Field Office
Duty Station: Kabul
Classification of duty station: [[filter12]]
Standard Duration of Assignement : [[filter13]]
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Non Staff
Level : Level 3
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 06-OCT 2022
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The Administrative Assistant (Contract Management) reports directly to the Senior Finance and Administrative Officer and carries out tasks under the overall authority of the officer-in-Charge of the UNESCO Kabul Office. The position is tasked with delivering a range of contract and procurement management-related activities in support of the administrative unit and project/programme delivery.
Within delegated authority, the Administrative Assistant (Contract Management) will be responsible for the following duties:Long Description
- Peer-review of technical and financial evaluation contract procurement documents.
- Assist in ensuring adherence to contractual agreements, recommended amendments, and extensions of contracts to ensure compliance with administrative policies.
- Assist in vendor registration in the system.
- Track all active procurement contracts to ensure delivery according to payment structure schedules.
- Follow-up with project managers on the contract timelines.
- Review of payment requests in compliance with the procurement agreements.
- Prepare monthly reports for all active procurement contracts.
- Assist the programme teams with preparing and reviewing Terms of Reference (TOR) for the procurement and purchase procedures according to the established administrative procedures and rules.
- Review draft contracts prepared by the programme teams, ensuring compliance with the established administrative procedures and rules.
- Review procurement evaluation documents for completeness and compliance with relevant administrative rules prior to submission for final approval and signature.
- Review, record, and prioritize procurement requests and obtain additional information required in the procurement evaluation process.
- Check the quality of deliverables in coordination with the programme teams, and ensure that procured items are correctly delivered per specification.
- Follow up with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
- Prepare the draft of offers and compile data contained in quotations, proposals, and bids to determine the best-for-value vendor.
- Prepare submission to the Contracts Committee for review and approval.
- Maintain all relevant files, and track any contractual agreements.
- Assist in compiling and presenting procurement data, including relevant supporting documents, and recommend approval of the contract.
- Attend inter-agencies procurement working group and maintain the current list of LTAs.
- Monitor the status of programme and project proposals and receipt of relevant documentation for review and approval.
- Assist in the field spot checks and progress compliance assessment of contracts issued under the Implementing Partners Agreements.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring the database for ongoing and planned contracts and compile consolidated annual procurement & contracting plans.
- Assist in pre-qualifying vendors, identifying product sources, and evaluating vendors' quality, prices, and delivery performance.
- Assist in the solicitation and evaluation processes (bids/proposals/quotations) to ensure overall competitiveness, quality, and conformity to specified requirements.
- Assist in suppliers and market research.
- Assist in identifying knowledge and capacity gaps of the programme staff related to overall procurement processes and address them through training, coaching, and other capacity development interventions.
Additional tasks that may be required to ensure the success of the work team.COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Accountability (C) Communication (C) Innovation (C) Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C) Planning and organizing (C) Results focus (C) Teamwork (C) - For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
A minimum first-level university degree in administration, finance, project management, or contract/procurement management-related field.
A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in procurement and contract management.
Fluency in oral and written EnglishDESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Additional supplementary technical training, full or partial accreditation, in procurement, such as Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply certification (CIPS ).
- Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and SAP systems is required.
- Experience in international organizations or United Nations agencies.
- Working experience in the Financial Regulations and Rules of the United Nations or a similar international organization.
- Strong communication skills, including listening to others, and the ability to collaborate across teams and adapt as needed.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to provide quality and timely support and services.
- Ability to identify issues and formulate options/recommendations on administrative and financial matters.
- Ability to take the initiative and seek innovative ways to improve results.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and administrative management tools.
- Knowledge of local languages (Dari, Pashto, …)
Rename the “BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS” title to “APPLICATION PROCESS”, and use additional sections if required to add other relevant information.
Otherwise you can delete this section.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: