Education Officer Afghanistan Zabul
Caution: This Position is for Afghan National Only
Purpose of the Job
The Education Officer will be responsible to support the overall implementation of the Education in Emergency Project in Zabul with close collaboration of the South Education team. The aim of the NRC Education provision is to support the formal schools in increasing the absorption capacity in terms of enrolling conflict-affected IDP children, observe and give proper feedback for improving the project materials and build relationships with line ministries and other governmental stakeholders in line with the policies. She will be working directly under the supervision of Education PM/PC.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of the Education Core Competency portfolio according to plan of action
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in the area of Livelihoods and Food Security
- In close collaboration with the Education PC/TL/Project Manager, expand, develop, coordinate and manage NRC’s Education in Emergencies project in Zabul ;
- Identify and train local staff necessary to implement the projects objectives;
- In close cooperation with the members of the project team develop steps and procedures for timely planning and implementation of all elements in the program, in particular all training, monitoring and in-service training activities;
- Ensure that activities are in accordance with norms and standards;
- Provide Guidance to the team members, and coordinate with them accordingly;
- Monitor, evaluate and suggest changes and improvements in the project and materials based on observations and discussions with the local staff and the PM and/or AM;
- Document technical issues and questions, and channel to the PM and/or Field Officer Coordinator;
- Prepare monthly reports and update the PM and/or Field Officer Coordinator as required;
- Contribute to the development of NRC’s Country strategy, action plan and activities plan and priorities;
- Assess the suggested area of operation in close collaboration with the PM and/or Field Officer Coordinator;
- Assist in Preparation/development of narrative and budgets for proposals in conjunction with the TL/PC/PM and/or Field Officer Coordinator;
- Assess needs for capacity building among program staff and local resource persons and partners and discuss actions with PM and/or Field Office Coordinator;
- Communicate with and facilitate necessary agreements and understanding from local education authorities in line with the NRC protocol for communication;
- Communicate, exchange information and co-operate with relevant actors, when required;
- Work closely with the local staff of Education Sector partners in Ministries, UN agencies, Institutions and None-Governmental Organizations when required;
- Participate in relevant meetings;
- Actively promote the rights of IDPs/returnees;
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the PM and/or Field Office Coordinator and AM.
Generic professional competencies:
- Bachelor in social science, Economic and or Business Administration; Master degree is an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience with INGOS, UN agencies and international implementing partners.
- Good communication skill both written and spoken of Pashto, Dari and English languages.
- Good knowledge of computer office programs.
- Ability to be highly mobile and spend a lot of time in the field (Visiting EiE classes, formal schools, school principals and administrative staff, and relevant stakeholders.)
- Creativity and willingness to try new things
- A positive and collaborative attitude and willingness to work in a team
- A willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- Empowering and building trust
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- Smart Phone with Top up Credit card with internet package on monthly basis.
- NRC will cover staff plus four (4) depended for medical insurance.
- One time Eid Bonus per year
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law.