Specialist - Internal Engagement
Working with in-country partners, IRRI develops advanced rice varieties that yield more grain and better withstand pests and disease as well as flooding, drought, and other harmful effects of climate change.
In close coordination with IRRI departments and reporting directly to the Manager for Engagement, the Specialist - Internal Engagement shall facilitate the planning, development and implementation of an internal communication strategy align with the HROD Staff Engagement strategy that aims to promote active engagement and camaraderie among IRRI staff in HQ and country offices. He/she will also help shape and implement a communication strategy for engagements and high-profile events and visits to create engagement opportunities for IRRI and potential donors, project partners and collaborators. He/she must work collaboratively with other IRRI sub-units especially with HROD to ensure that partnership/engagement initiatives and activities are properly implemented. Lead and oversee meeting and logistics staff to ensure that the collaterals, program, guidelines and protocols are properly adhered to during the visit or program/event execution. Ensure all internal communications are consistent across all mediums and adheres to the overall strategic direction of the organization.
This position will be based at the IRRI Headquarters, Los Baños, Philippines and may only be filled by permanent citizens of the Philippines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the development and implementation of internal communication strategy for engagements to ensure that all IRRI employees are effectively engaged and informed about IRRI institutional initiatives (i.e policy changes, DG memo, Year-End messages,, campaign, surveys, etc.) and Institute-wide events
- Facilitate the planning, implementation and evaluation of high-profile internal and external events and visits to create engagement opportunities for IRRI and potential donors, project partners and collaborators
- Provide technical recommendations in the conceptualization of events including the preparation of the event program, logistics, goal setting and milestones and post-event evaluation
- Work collaboratively with other IRRI sub-units--specifically HROD Staff Engagement--to ensure that engagement initiatives and activities for IRRI staff, partners and donors are strategized, implemented well and to build engaging communication campaigns and events aimed at increasing staff participation and motivation
- Write and disseminate content for internal audiences through existing internal communication channels ensuring adherence to core messaging, tone, format, etc.
- Evaluate and replace (if necessary) existing internal comms channels including the Intranet to improve user-experience.
- Develop and implement internal communication plans to support employee engagements
- Support the development and implementation of employee events
- Conduct, collect and evaluate post-event evaluations to ensure constant and continuous aid to process improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Public Relations, Social Sciences, International Relations, or related field with 5 years of directly relevant experience
- Master’s degree in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing or related field with 2 years of directly relevant experience
- Experience in events management and planning (including budget monitoring, logistics, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Good oral and written communication skills, and editing skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously, and deadlines at the same time
- Experience working in an international setting
IRRI offers a highly extensive employee benefits package inclusive of globally-covered medical insurance, retirement plan, life and accident insurance and other allowances. Join our team and be part of our story!
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.