Administrative Assistant (Open for Moldova Nationals Only)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The work of UN Women in Moldova is guided by its new Country Strategic Note for 2018-2022, aligned with the Republic of Moldova–United Nations Partnership Framework for Sustainable Development 2018–2022, the Global Strategic Plan of UN Women for 2018-2021, the National Strateliugy on Gender Equality for 2017-2021 (NSGE), the National Strategy for Preventing and Combating Violence against Women and Domestic Violence for the Period 2018-2023, and aims to contribute to the gender-responsive implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The Strategic Note focuses on three main areas: 1/strengthening women’s participation in politics and decision making, 2/economic empowerment of women and 3/ending violence against women and girls. To achieve progress under these areas, UN Women works with a variety of national and international partners and as part of different national and regional initiatives.
In 2022, in the context of the war in Ukraine and refugee crisis, UN Women implements several initiatives aimed to support Government, local authorities and civil society organizations with response efforts to immediate humanitarian needs of women and girls and efforts focusing on GBV services and protection.
To support effective management and implementation of all activities, UN Women is looking for Administrative Assistants, who will join the teams working on refugee response.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide general administrative and logistical support to the programme/Country Office in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and strategies:
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans;
- Collect information on shipments, customs clearance arrangements, prepare documents for UN Women shipments (received/sent);
- Arrange travel and hotel reservations, prepare travel authorizations, process requests for visas, identity cards and other documents, collect information for DSA, as required;
- Provide support to international consultants in the implementation of their tasks for the achievement of project results (communication, contracts, agenda, visas, hotel reservations, etc);
- Provide administrative support and make logistical arrangements for working meetings, conferences, workshops, study tours, regional evens etc.;
- Draft minutes of meetings;
- Provide administrative support to property management; coordinate the cleaning services. Maintain files and records relevant to office premises and related maintenance services;
- Maintain filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials, manages incoming and outgoing correspondence, coordinate archiving of the documents;
- Provide support in contracts’ and agreements’ management and communication with contractors and beneficiaries.
Coordinate and organize assets management and procurement processes:
- Ensure monitoring and maintenance of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution;
- Coordinate assets management in the programme office(s), prepare and submit periodic inventory reports;
- Provide inputs to the preparation of procurement plan for the programme and monitor its implementation and prepare reports;
- Review procurement needs and initiate procurement procedures for office and project equipment, supplies and services;
- Organize procurement activities and processes, including preparation and conduct of Request for Quotations, Invitations to Bid or Requests for Proposals, the opening and evaluation of tenders;
- Coordinate contract negotiations, prepare request for award of contract for the review and approval of relevant authorities, as required;
- Provide support for announcements or call-for-proposals, selection processes of implementing partners and management of partner agreements.
Provide administrative support to the implementation of Human Resources services:
- Maintain records on all project personnel/national and international consultants and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, time and attendance, etc.) in accordance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Provide support in organizing recruitment processes for project personnel: draft vacancy announcement, compile matrixes, organize interview panels;
- Organize processes for engagement of national and international consultants, serve as secretary for evaluation processes, initiate issuance and extensions of the contracts;
- Maintain staffing lists and reports, as required;
- Perform the duties of Leave Monitor.
Provide administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Provide inputs for the trainings for the operations/projects staff on administration;
- Contribute with lessons learned and best practices in the area of responsibility. Disseminate to vendors and stakeholders as appropriate to build capacity and knowledge;
- Provide administrative support in the organization of learning events.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf
- Ability to administer administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Good IT and web-based management skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- University degree in Business Administration or related fields.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in communications, digital marketing or related relevant field at the national level. Experience in online outreach and multimedia is an asset;
- Experience required in editing and copywriting skills, including articles, reports, social media content, press releases preferred;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in video and photo editing and design software is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required;
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
This is a local position; therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova are eligible to apply. Applications should be submitted on line and include fully completed UN Women Personal History Form as attachment instead of CV/resume: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-P11-Personal-History-Form.doc
Failure to disclose prior employment or making false representations on this form will be grounds for withdrawal of further consideration of his/her application or termination, where the appointment or contract has been issued.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)
UN Women reserves the right to select more than one candidate from this advertising.