HR Business Analyst
Result of Service
HR Project Initiation Document (PID):
- Business Requirements Documents (BRD).
- Technical specification document and user manual.
- Progress reports with time sheets indicating the fulfilment/progress of requested tasks/activities.
- Any other output as may be agreed upon with ESCWA.
1 yearDuties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be closely involved in the implementation of ServiceNow projects at ESCWA.
The consultant will be expected to familiarize themselves with the step-by-step process of each phase of the project, and to assume responsibilities, especially in relation to overseeing the development and implementation of business processes as well as the analysis of the business requirements in support of the ServiceNow requirements prior to the technical development phases, and UX configuration in collaboration with the ICT team.
Our ServiceNow projects combine ITIL-based process consultancy and tool implementation in accordance with agile methods (scrum).
The consultant is expected to adopt a customer-focused approach to work, and the ability to support the development of digital platform solutions.
Under the direct supervision of the HR Officer and the overall guidance of the Chief ICTS, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
• Actively contribute to developing, documenting and executing detailed project work plans and schedule.
• Anticipate and evaluate potential risk areas throughout the duration of the project and proposes/pursues mitigation, avoidance, and corrective action plans to management as necessary, and escalate issues to HR Officer’s attention for guidance and assistance in reaching a resolution.
• Assist in schedule planning, status, design review, and coordinate meetings for HR projects.
• Analyze business requirements and develop Business Requirements Documents (BRD) and technical specification documents to ensure the accurate capture of the business’s functional and non-functional requirements, business rules as well as document use cases for both business and system aspects for the assigned HR projects.
• Effectively coordinate communication between HR and ICTS or other stakeholders for the timely delivery of HR projects in line with set expectations.
A first level university degree in business administration, human resources, finance, project management, Management Information Systems or in a field related to the post description is required. A Master’s degree is desirable.
A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in project management and/or business analysis, preferably in an international environment and on cross functional projects with diverse personnel.
Proven ability to assist coordination of enterprise application deployments.
Advance knowledge of Project Management tools and methodologies, Visual modelling and other business analysis tools, and application development life cycle.
Strong understanding of Microsoft server technologies and data analysis and visualization solutions.
Experience with Agile Software development methodology is desirable.
Very good understanding of ServiceNow Platform with proven track of product customizations or integrations, implementation, and maintenance is desirable.
Experience delivering ServiceNow engagements or complex IT Service Management solutions is desirable.
Knowledge of other IT domains is desirable.
Fluency in English both written and spoken is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Strong theoretical background and knowledge of complex and multi-tier IT software development, business analysis and project management. Strong conceptual and analytical skills and demonstrated problem solving abilities required. Problem solving skills critical to analyze and create proper responses or provide solutions quickly to clients. Ability to engage in multiple projects and develop approaches to resolve a wide range of issues/problems.
Individual should be detail-oriented, creative, inquisitive, committed, and self-motivated and able to maintain a very high level of confidentiality regarding the projects being conducted. Negotiation and persuasion skills to engage clients and developers in building and managing optimum solutions.
Knowledge/experience of ITIL and CobiT frameworks are highly desirable; Familiarity with project management methodologies (such as Prince2) is an added advantage.
Ability to work under pressure and provide high quality deliverables in difficult situations.
Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Planning & Organizing: Ability to organize, plan and implement work assignments, manage competing demands and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines. Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; Shows willingness to learn new technology.
Client Orientation: Ability to identify and analyze client needs and extract, interpret and format information using technological solutions appropriate to the business needs.
Communication: Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to convey complex technical concepts both orally and in writing, in a clear, concise manner. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.