Interpreter Services Specialist
Job Overview: The Interpreter Services Specialist supports the delivery of high quality, reliable, in-person and remote language interpretation to internal and external IRC customers by fielding interpretation requests, scheduling interpreters, troubleshooting issues, satisfying recordkeeping requirements, and providing high levels of customer service.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to questions related to interpreter services programming.
- Field internal and external customer requests for interpretation services, matching and scheduling interpreters based on customer requirements and interpreter qualifications and availability.
- Support the recruitment, screening, and onboarding of new interpreters.
- Independently resolve conflicts, escalating issues as necessary to program management.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with staff, customers and interpreters.
- Serve as technology subject matter expert by training others in the use of virtual platforms and troubleshooting related issues.
- Provide end-to-end interpretation training support, including managing registration, preparing training materials, coordinating logistics, delivering content, and satisfying recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
- Assist with scheduling, proctoring, and delivery of interpreter language proficiency testing.
- Provide general administrative support and contribute to special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated professional experience providing high levels of customer service required.
- Prior scheduling experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to remain organized, prioritize effectively, and meet deadlines within a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate clearly and concisely in spoken and written English with people at varying language proficiency levels. Fluency in one or more languages spoken by IRC clients preferred.
- Strong command of virtual communication and training platforms.
- High level of professionalism, discretion and sound judgment. Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Attention to detail, completeness and accuracy in work products.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and to work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). Ability to learn other computer software programs.
- In accordance with Arizona State Law, must possess or be eligible to receive a fingerprint clearance card.
- Standard office environment; some remote work from home can be accommodated.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: