The Finance Assistant is a support position working with the IRC Wichita Finance Department to support and facilitate collaboration between programs, admin, and finance. There will be responsibilities in the areas of finance, inventory management, banking, donor, and vendor relationship and general administration. The Finance Assistant reports to the Finance Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Assist Finance team in monthly bank and account reconciliation.
· Conduct weekly bank deposit.
· Review and post P card expenses
· Create and submit invoice journals for approval for recurring bills.
· Assist in inventory and record-keeping of inventory items under Finance custody (gift cards, bus passes, and gas cards),
· Basic Account payable function such as check printing, ACH payments, prepaid cards
· Assist with monthly Time & Effort reports.
· Assist in preparing all documents/samples requested by auditors.
· Assist in the implementation of finance policies, procedures and systems and updates of Kansas Finance Protocol
· Serve as backup to other designated Finance staff.
· Assist in filing and maintaining finance records for easy access
· Comply with all IRC policies, procedures and protocols including adherence to the IRC Way and Child Safeguarding.
· Participate in staff development activities and fully engage as a member of the team;
· Other duties as assigned.
· Associate’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
· Preferably one year of professional office experience; ideally in an admin or finance department.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
· Highly organized, self-starter with proven success prioritizing multiple tasks, making critical decisions, and delivering results in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
· Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
· Computer proficiency with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook). Proven experience in web-based data entry systems, ERP system with both data extraction and design preferred
· Fluency in written and spoken English.
· Cross-cultural understanding and strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Standard office environment.
· May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.