BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 35 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
SCOPE OF WORK: The Data Associate will collaborate with various stakeholders to meet internal and external data needs. The Data Associate plays a critical function within the New Jersey Office for Refugees (NJOR) team by supporting the management of the ClientTrack database system, to ensure accurate and timely data input and reporting. This position reports to the Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager.
- Support ongoing management of the NJOR database ClientTrack system
- Conduct internal agency data quality checks and work proactively with NJOR program staff to identify errors/inconsistencies and make necessary corrections
- Support Senior Data and Impact Manager to conduct data and reporting focused training for partner agencies
- Support the collection of all program data to produce timely regular internal data reports, as well as prepare data for regular reports to the donor and key partners and stakeholders.
- Assist with management of NJOR’s public facing website including, but not limited to, content creation and graphic design
- Support Program Managers to analyze existing data and to produce reports and other resources to communicate program progress and achievements.
- Stay current on policies and practices involving Office for Refugee Resettlement, NJOR, and ClientTrack
- Other duties as assigned
- University undergraduate degree required, preferably in Social Sciences, Information Systems, or related field (relevant experience may substitute for required degree).
- Experience with social service case management or program management software, client relationship management, relational databases, or other information systems for client management.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions fully and precisely are essential
- Ability to quickly learn new information systems including Eccovia ClientTrack
- Solid organizational skills: work productively and accurately while under pressure in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Good communications skills (written and verbal)
- Flexible work attitude: ability to work in a team and independently, and meet unexpected demands
- Willingness and ability to travel between assigned offices (travel will account for 20% of this role)
This position reports to the Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
Compensation: Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.