Chief Technical Officer
Last Mile Health (LMH) is partnering with Millar Cameron to recruit a Chief Technical Officer (CTO). Please read more about the role below and through reviewing the candidate pack.
If you're interested in applying, please send your CV and contact details to Victoria Bowden - email@example.com - or Tom Jeffes - firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that any applications submitted via LMH's website will not be reviewed.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
Reporting to the CEO, the CTO provides organization-wide technical competencies and leadership developing a shared vision for how community health systems can deliver at scale, at quality, and sustainably.
The CTO provides executive oversight to the following technical functions: Health Systems Strengthening team (comprised of clinical excellence, health financing, health policy, education, digital health workstreams), and Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning.
The CTO will fill a new position on LMH’s Executive Team during the final stages of development of the organization's next strategic cycle. A successful start in this role could include:
- Designing and deploying an integrated digital health strategy - from device management, digital learning, community health systems, and data management and analysis
- Leveraging financing for public health strategies where LMH work and the advocacy techniques needed to make them happen
- Developing a long-term learning agenda to define a set of questions to guide evaluation and evidence-generating priorities to generate knowledge and support decision-making and evidence of impact on population health outcomes
- Assessing external resources and partnerships needed to make these strategies come to life
What You'll Bring
- An advanced degree (MD, MBChB, RN, MPH, or equivalent)
- 15+ years of public health experience, with deep knowledge of public sector integrated health systems
- Significant vertical expertise in a technology domain, such as digital health, data systems, etc
- Familiarity with health financing and health policy
- Demonstrated experience in design and implementation of M&E for public health
- Rich experience in design, development, implementation, and measurement of innovative health systems
- Demonstrated experience supporting new business development efforts, including competitive submissions in response to RFAs from bilateral and multilateral organizations (e.g., USAID, Global Fund, DFID)
- Experience managing cross-functional teams to deliver required inputs/ outputs
- Extensive experience designing and leading public health programs in sub-Saharan Africa
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have demonstrated experience contributing to the design and/or implementation of health financing strategy and health policy
- You have research experience within the public health domain
- You have experience managing cooperative agreements from bilateral and multilateral funding agencies
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to the identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying for this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Salary scales are largely based on country-specific costs of labor and acknowledge geographic differences in pay. Indexing pay to country-specific cost of labor ensures that we do not corrupt local talent markets.
Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
Senior Leadership Band 7 with a salary range of 185,880 USD TO 216,022 USD dependent upon experience in an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health began working in Liberia’s remote, last mile communities in 2007, and is now partnering with governments across Ethiopia, Liberia, Malawi, and Sierra Leone to strengthen community health systems, upskill the health workforce, and directly demonstrate effective community based primary care. Last Mile Health provides services tailored to the needs of government partners and focuses on designing, scaling, strengthening, and sustaining exemplar community health systems. Simultaneously, they advocate for stronger community health funding, practice, and policy mechanisms to influence health systems across Africa. To realize their mission to save lives in the world’s most remote communities, Last Mile Health aims to catalyze a critical mass of exemplar government led community health systems, delivering quality primary care for last mile communities in low and middle income countries.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.