Support Manager North Afghanistan (National Position)
NRC is looking for a Support Manager to join the Afghanistan mission. The role holder will all lead support-related matters (Finance, Human Resources & Administration, Logistics, and Information & Communications Technology) in the North Area Office and ensure support functions are providing high-quality and efficient support to programme implementation.
If you are an influential, interpersonal, and empathetic leader, with the ability to guide, inspire and influence others; a visionary with a strategic oversight; and a strong background in finance, then this is the role for you! **This position is open to Afghan Nationals only**
What You Will Do
- Support function’s strategic input facilitation into the Country strategy.
- Area-level support structures, technical systems, and human resources capacity, resource allocation strategic development.
- Area-specific structures, systems, human resources, procedures, policies, regulations, guidelines, and tools development.
- Project / programme implementation quality support.
- Operational support and programme plan alignment and coordination.
- Proposal development operational input.
- Master Budget, area-level budgets, and business processing outsourcing development and review.
- Corruption mapping and mitigation measures.
- Line management and capacity building of support staff.
What You Will Bring
- University degree.
- Senior-management experience position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Humanitarian project and programme implementation experience.
- Donor rules and regulations understanding and expertise.
- Finance, Human Resources, Logistics, and Information & Communications Technology advanced knowledge in a humanitarian context.
- Resource allocation and cost management expertise.
- Afghanistan context and the Afghan humanitarian community response experience and knowledge.
- High risk, insecure, opaque, complex, and volatile context exposure, and experience with displaced people.
- English fluency, both written and verbal.
What Makes This Position Attractive?
- The humanitarian situation in Afghanistan is complex, protracted, and worsening. The country is facing an unprecedented humanitarian crisis with a risk of systemic collapse and human catastrophe.
- This is an opportunity to contribute to the protection and assistance of vulnerable and crisis-affected women, girls, boys, and men. NRC Afghanistan is one of the leading humanitarian response agencies (particularly for Afghans forced to flee), maintaining a presence of 12 offices and over 1,000 staff in 14 provinces across the country.
- Meaningful work that responds to the diverse needs, priorities, and concerns raised by beneficiary communities. NRC Afghanistan meets immediate humanitarian needs, prevents further displacement, and contributes to durable solutions.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility.
What We Offer
- Mazar, Afghanistan duty station.
- 12-months contract duration (renewable, subjecting to funding and need).
- 40% travel, approximately.
- Grade 8 in NRC’s Salary Scale. NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer. In the selection of our staff, we are committed to diversity without distinction to age, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
Key Information - Please Take Note When Applying
- We highly encourage you to learn more about the role: please review the full Job Description here.
- Apply by completing all the system-required fields of your experience, employment history, and education in your application.
- Ensure to attach your latest CV.
- Submit your application and CV in English.
- When creating your profile, include your full name as per your passport.
- To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site.
- This position is open to Afghan Nationals only.
- Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. NRC is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role and you meet most, but not all the requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum standards in terms of experience or qualifications will generally not be considered.
- Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We receive many applicants for each vacant position. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to give detailed feedback to applicants who have not been shortlisted.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.
- For any queries, please email us at email@example.com with “Support Manager North Afghanistan” as the subject line.