It should be noted that this consultancy is to be filled for a period of 2- 3 weeksDuties and Responsibilities
THE ORGANIZATIONAL SETTING
The Bureau of Administration and Services (ADB) of ICAO plays a lead role in the effective and efficient administrative management of the Organization by ensuring the provision of high-quality physical and human resources, by applying the highest standards of work ethics and conduct, and by using results based management skills and tools to support the Organization in implementing its Strategic Objectives, in order to serve all stakeholders of the world aviation community.
The Venue and Event Management (VEM) Unit of ICAO is committed to client satisfaction, fulfilment of compliance obligations, protection of the environment and provision of safe and healthy working conditions, while providing sustainable venue- and event-management services. We are committed to fulfil legal and standardization requirements to protect the environment, eliminate occupational health and safety hazards and risks for the prevention of work related injury and ill health. By consulting with and encouraging the participation of our staff, the continuous improvement of the Quality, Environment, Occupational Health and Safety (QEHS) Management System is ensured.
VEM is responsible for all logistics arrangements and coordination of the 41st triennial ICAO Assembly (A41), the ICAO’s sovereign body that will take place at ICAO Headquarters Conference Centre (999 Robert-Bourassa Boulevard, Montréal, Québec, H3C 5H7, Canada) from 27 September to 7 October 2022. It is expected that approximately three thousands (3000) participants will attend this event.
• Greet and direct participants upon arrival, provide them with venue, meetings and general information, as well as screen access to restricted meeting rooms, in a warm and professional manner;
• Handle participants’ queries;
• Keep an eye on the premises, participants and artworks and report any incident in due course to the VEM Event Coordinators;
• Collect feedback from participants via a customer satisfaction survey.
• High sense of ethics and respect for diversity;
• Effective communication and presentation skills;
• Collaboration and teamwork;
• Professional appearance for international/high level events;
• Must be able to work unsupervised.
• Knowledge and ability to use mobile devices;
• Knowledge of international organizations and/or UN system;
• First Aid training or certification.
A minimum of diploma of College Studies (DEC) or equivalent education is required. Having graduated from or being enrolled in a university degree is highly desirable. Studies in event coordination, or conference management would be an asset.
Experience in handling events/conferences or large meetings is highly desirable.
Fluent reading and speaking abilities in English and fluent speaking abilities in any other additional language of the Organization (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish).
The selected consultant is expected to be employed for 2-3 weeks starting on 25th September 2022.
A competitive rate will be offered depending on the assignment and the qualifications required.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.