New York City
The HR Operations team supports employees, managers, and the wider HR community through the processing of transactions in HR systems throughout the employee life cycle. As well as processing transactions, Associates are the first point of contact for HR inquiries. The position requires attention to detail, discretion in handling confidential data, and customer service skills. In this position, the Deputy Director, HR Operations is in charge of coordinating the work.
· Handle and process HR transactions (including hires, transfers, reorganizations, terminations, job and personal data changes, organizational changes)
· Respond to requests for employee verifications
· Support the background check process in HireRight and Sterling
· Maintain personnel files up to date
· Respond to 1st level HR-related inquiries from employees
· Partner with HR Partners, HR Leads in-country and focal points globally to resolve HR administrative problems
· Liaison with key functional areas (Payroll, Compensation, Benefits, HRIS, Finance, Legal, and IT teams) to ensure transactions and documentation are current, timely, and accurate
· Proactively suggest process improvement to enhance the efficiency of HR admin processes
· Provides support for other HR functions as needed
Minimum of 1 – 2 years HR Administration/HR Operations/HR Shared Services experience
Experience in a customer service environment with demonstrated experience in active listening and problem-solving skills
Experience in HR concepts and Employment laws and regulations a plus
Knowledge of and/or experience in Benefits, Compensation, Recruiting, and Payroll
Workday, Cornerstone, ADP experience a plus
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· Good interpersonal skills!
· Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
· Must be very organized and detail oriented with the ability to shift priorities as needed
· Showed strength at handling stressful issues and collaborating with all levels of the business in a courteous and professional manner
· Working in a fast-paced environment and handling multiple projects at once
Working environment of an office with the option of working remotely 2-3 days a week
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.