Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Protection Specialist (Legal Aid) for Romania. Due to the ongoing conflict that began on Feb 22, Ukraine is experiencing one of the largest humanitarian crises in Europe since World War II. Currently, there are an estimated 6.3 million displaced people who have crossed the international border, with over a million Ukrainians crossing into Romania to date and with between 70 to 90,000 remaining in Romania. DRC Romania will respond in three pillars:
- Establish partnerships agreements with national NGOs engaged in the response and enhance their coverage
- Provide technical support to partners, the wider civil society, and state actors engaged in the response
- Implementation of humanitarian interventions in various sectors (Protection, Mine Risk Education, and Site Management Support).
About the Job
Reporting to the EORE Team Leader, the EORE (Explosive Ordnance Risk Education) Facilitator/Assistant will conduct EORE sessions in communities to raise awareness of the dangers posed by Explosive Hazards and reduce the number of accidents caused by these hazards.
- Provide EORE sessions in affected communities, with a focus on returnees.
- Function as an interviewer during assessments of targeted communities.
- Function as a data collector in targeted communities.
- Before any EORE team deploys, ensure that the information specific to the area is provided by the EORE Team Leader/EORE Programme Manager.
- Obtain (If available) all appropriate survey data from official government bodies (Government /Police/Military) and community key informants in operations.
- Keep records of daily, weekly, and monthly activities.
- Report progress daily to the Team Leader.
- Establish and maintain Liaison with local authorities and the community.
- Maintain good discipline within the team and coordinate with other DRC colleagues.
- Be responsible for equipment and EORE training material condition and quantities designated for the team.
To be successful in this position, we expect you to have a minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience within an international humanitarian or development organization. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- A University degree, preferably in sociology, social sciences, or teaching.
- Experience from working with teaching/education/social work.
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience working with NGOs would be an asset.
- Professional proficiency in English and Romanian. Knowledge of Ukrainian and/or Russian will be considered an asset.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment.
Contract Type: National Staff Contract
Contract Length: Contract until 30th June 2023 with possible extension depending on availability of funding
Available Positions: 2
Band: Non - Management, I
Duty Station: Bucharest - Romania
Geographic Scope: Country Romania
Start date: 1st December 2022
We offer a competitive salary and benefits in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 6th November 2022
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we, therefore, encourage you to apply as soon as possible. For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: