32-010 | Senior Program Officer, Private Sector Engagement in Food Security
GCA seeks an experienced and dynamic individual to fill the role of Senior Program Officer, Private Sector Engagement in Food Security, working as a core team member to drive forward the Global Center on Adaptation’s role as a solutions broker in the field of adaptation action. The primary focus of this work will be in Africa.
You will report directly to the Program Lead, and work with team members in the Food Security & Rural Wellbeing Program and collaborate with colleagues in GCA, under the oversight of members of the Senior Director and members of the Senior Leadership Team. You will collaborate with officials of MDBs and partner organizations. You will play a key role in positioning the GCA as the foremost international organization specializing in climate change adaptation
You will carry out the following duties:
- Contribute to position GCA as a key solutions broker on climate change adaptation for achieving food security in Africa;
- Play key role on private sector engagement of significant players in the food and agriculture sector with a priority on Africa;
- Working closely with partners to help small-scale agricultural producers access markets, and to build climate resilient value chains;
- Support the implementation and dissemination of good practices on approaches to engage the private sector to promote climate adaptation for smallholder farmers
- Contribute to studies and mechanisms to facilitate the implementation of PPP approaches to promote food security and climate adaptation for smallholders
- Support the GCA’s work program on food security and rural well-being, including the development of the detailed work plan and budget related to private sector engagement in the sector
- Develop and expand an international network of private sector players, experts and policymakers to support the delivery of the work program on private sector engagement
- Develop programs to position the GCA with key stakeholders in the food security community, including maintaining active relationships with key interlocutors within these stakeholders;
- Prepare briefings related to identified key external stakeholders relevant to the GCA’s execution of its business plan
- Participate in the preliminary evaluation of project proposals to assess their feasibility for financial support and/or technical assistance by GCA, including initial screening of projects, carrying out desk reviews, preparing preliminary evaluation notes for presentation to the Program Lead
- Support peer-learning for enhancing food security and rural well-being
- Contribute to project implementation
Events and Outreach Support
- Proactive assessment of relevant national, regional and international events and associated opportunities for the GCA to realize its adaptation acceleration objectives, in relation to food security and enhancing private sector investments that build the resilience of farmers and the associated value chains;
- Support GCA’s outreach activities including preparation and implementation of Program events (training sessions, workshops) including providing key research to inform the design of the meeting, supporting the Program Lead to prepare for meetings with presentations, briefs and concept notes.
- Perform additional tasks that may be assigned.