32-009 | Senior Program Officer, Climate Smart Digital Technologies for Agriculture and Food Security (Digital)
GCA seeks a dynamic individual well versed in the development and use of digital technologies in agriculture to fill the role of Program Officer Climate Smart Digital Technologies for Agriculture and Food Security. The Individual will work as a core team member to drive forward the Global Center on Adaptation’s role as a solutions broker in the field of adaptation action. The primary focus of your work will be in Africa.
You will report directly to the Program Lead, and work closely with the Senior Program Officer – digital, team members in the Program, and collaborate with colleagues in GCA, under the oversight of members of the Senior Director and Leadership Team. You will collaborate with officials of MDBs and partner organizations. You will play a key role in positioning the GCA as the foremost international organization specializing in climate change adaptation
Areas of responsibility
You will carry out the following duties:
- Support the implementation and dissemination of good practices with regards the application of digital solutions to promote climate adaptation for smallholder farmers
- Support the GCA’s work program on food security and rural well-being, including contributing to the development and updating of the detailed work plan and budget
- Participate in the preliminary evaluation of project proposals to assess their feasibility for financial support and/or technical assistance by GCA. This involves the initial screening of projects, carrying out desk reviews, preparing preliminary evaluation notes for presentation to the Program Lead and the Senior Director
- Participate in project development and implementation
- Ensure the successful development and delivery of the international multi-stakeholder projects within the work program to time and maintaining effective value for money
- Support peer-learning for enhancing food security and rural well-being
- Develop and expand an international network of relevant experts and policymakers to support the delivery of the work program
Events and Outreach Support
- Support GCA’s outreach activities including preparation and implementation of Program events (training sessions, workshops, etc) including providing key research to inform the design of the meeting
- Support the Program Lead to prepare for meetings with presentations, briefs and concept notes.
- Perform additional tasks that may be assigned.