Education Coordinator Ukraine Dnipro (Ukrainian Nationals ONLY)
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Dnipro
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Education, Learning and Training
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date:
- Role and responsibilities
- Line management of CC project field staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures and awareness of NRC global and regional strategies
- Contribute to CC strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps, considering where appropriate the role of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of the Education projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from PM in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality
- Provide regular progress reports to PM
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Support the start-up of the NRC education activities under the supervision of the education PM, with a specific focus on (but not limited to) school improvement and cash / vouchers to school
- Support the education needs assessment in the Area (elaboration, planning, coordination with relevant actors, implementation, translation as appropriate, reporting)
- Identify community-based organizations / other local organizations for potential partnerships and support the coordination.
- Collect and analyse qualitative and quantitative data. Present the data in a comprehensive manner.
- Translate documents and meetings from English to the Ukrainian and Russian languages as appropriate
- Contribute to the development of the education programme development with technical and contextual inputs
- Contribute to the development of Education CC strategy, Micro LogFrame, and Plan of Action with technical and contextual inputs
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience within field of expertise (Education, social services including psychosocial support/psychology or other relevant fields)
- Documented technical competences related to the position’s responsibilities
- Technical specific knowledge from the humanitarian sector is an asset
Context related skills, knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- Knowledge of the education system in Ukraine
- Working knowledge of English both written and verbal
- Fluent in Ukrainian. Knowledge of Russian language is an asset.
2. Behavioural competencies (max 6)
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Strategic thinking
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
Type of contract: till 30.06.2023, contingent upon availability
Salary/benefits: According to NRC salary scale, terms and conditions.
Duty station: Dnipro
This position is for Ukrainian nationals only.
Closing date for this vacancy is 07/11/2022
Please note that we will contact only shortlisted candidates.
NRC retains the discretion to cancel the recruitment.
NRC might review applications before advert deadline, therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.